Non-Scale Victories (NSV)

Options
Brolivia3D
Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
As important as the numbers on the scale can be, it's also important to notice the changes with your body outside of that number. I'd like this to be a thread where we can talk about our non-scale victories we have as we go through our journeys. I'll start:

I have three from this weekend. I had a friend visiting from out of town, and she gave my arm a squeeze and said how muscley/hard my arms were getting! We also did a bit of shopping and I tried on a dress that was a size smaller than normal that fit (L instead of an XL). Lastly, I had another 5k yesterday, and I already dropped 2 minutes off my run time from the one I did last week! It's awesome to be seeing the difference in my body, my fitness, and that others are starting to notice!!

What about all of you? What NSV do you have?

Replies

• stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i am so happy that you put this disscusion up. I can learn so much from it. I dont know what to add, but it is really helpful.
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome because we need to revel in all our victories big and small along the way to stay on track. It would be cool if we could do this regularly and we each find something to be proud about. For me I am finally learning balance and realize that I do not have to go to extremes. I can enjoy the same things I used to eat in moderation.
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am ready to go out in the garage and find the clothes that didn't fit me and try them on. I 'm pretty confident that some of it will fit me now. :)

Good for you. It is always so encouraging when you discover that they fit again!
  • Kareesdiet
    Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I held a cupcake Friday night for my hubby and didn't eat it..

Yay!!!! And that's funny!
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You're all doing so awesome! I love reading how you all are progressing!
  • kriskrossness
    kriskrossness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Everybody probably already saw this on my. Red feed today xD :: but I was able to pull my riding boots all the way up today, when in the past I couldn't get them up farther than half way.

Here's another good one... I only wonder if it's TMI haha... During adult time (hahah) hubs didn't have to stretch as much over my belly to kiss me. Yay smaller belly.
  • stesig13
    Options
    Everybody probably already saw this on my. Red feed today xD :: but I was able to pull my riding boots all the way up today, when in the past I couldn't get them up farther than half way.

Here's another good one... I only wonder if it's TMI haha... During adult time (hahah) hubs didn't have to stretch as much over my belly to kiss me. Yay smaller belly.

I just love your positivity !! You look awesome !!!
  • karenenriquez1225
    karenenriquez1225 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well this week I noticed that I get full pretty easily when eating a meal. My daughter and I went to lunch a couple of days ago and I ate only 1/2 the sandwich and a few of the fries(yes, i ate fries :p ) and water. I was STUFFED for hours!
  • stesig13
    Options
    Yes!!!!
    That's such a huge progress !
    Happy for you!!
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can comfortably fit into some clothes I haven't been able to fit into in a while.