FitBit Owners: How to Protect from MUD?!

Caitu13
Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
On Saturday, I am doing the Dirty Girl Mud Run with some girlfriends. I would like to be able to use my FitBit to track my progress BUT there will be LOTS of MUD and Water. Any good ideas how to protect my FitBit and use it at the same time?! If I can't use it, its not the end of the world but I'd love to see how I do at the end and I cannot have my phone on me!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You failed to mention what Fitbit model - there are many and that matters big time to your question - may be why there are no answers.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 350 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've got a charge HR, think I might not wear mine for the Pretty Muddy run I'n doing in July, afraid it would be ruined. Might wear my Zip on my bra to count steps.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    If it was a water resistant band, that might be okay. I don't know, I would might perhaps try wrapping it with like a sports tape to see if that will 'mudproof' it, but still accurately take your measurements. That might be a temporary solution to going mudding (which sounds fun, exciting and exhausting all at the same time).

Again - this all does depend on the type of fitbit you have.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    I know it's a little late for the OP, but I have the Charge HR and to give me just a little more water resistance I bought a 3D printed cover off of etsy for $2. If I were in your shoes, I'd want that run tracked in the fitbit app! So, I'd probably also cover mine with my runner's wallet (somewhat waterproof). If I thought it could get actually submerged in water, I wouldn't risk it (though I did jump in a hotel pool a few months ago with my brand new ChargeHR I had just replaced my old one with and it survived!). I like the sports tape idea above, that would probably get the job done quite nicely!
  • MudSolo
    MudSolo Posts: 2 Member
    There's a mudproof Fitbit cover here that works well. Hope it helps!
    www.mudbandz.com