What are you eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• serfasc
    serfasc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    katsoslim wrote: »
    I'm trying to follow the guidelines in this book that was recommended to me: "Better Baby Book.. How to have a healthier, happier, smarter baby" and it includes diet and supplement recommendations. It's a lot of protein and healthy fats and very low sugar if any at all. Typical day.. I'm having egg omelets with veggies in the morning, half an avocado for a snack, large organic salad (typically kale or spinach with Apple cidar vinaigrette) for lunch, protein bar or green shake or organic green juice from whole foods for a snack, chicken or fish (or steak once a week) for dinner with large sides of veggies, and lots of water with lemon! Coming in about 1300-1500 calories for my first trimester. Also taking pre-natals, DHA, probiotic, vit C, vit D, and some yummy gummy vitamins (because it's like a treat) to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients. It's my first pregnancy and I'm by no means an expert! I snack on pickles and fresh olives a lot too. I am already 15 ilbs from my goal before I found out I was pregnant so my goal is to gain 20 ilb max. I also switched to all natural skincare/makeup, cleaning products, and BPA-free everything but that's a different post..

Are you not working out? Are you pretty short? Your calories seem pretty low. Mind you, I'm pregnant and breastfeeding right now.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    wow @katoslim. This is my 3rd and I'm eating at maintenance right now (first tri) which for me is 1900 calories. Our diets are not similiar...lol.

Today, I had 2 pieces of peanut butter toast right when I woke up with decaf mint tea. Then after my shower I had my 1 cup of coffee with heavy cream (we were out of half n half)
    I had 1.5 oz of mixed nuts for snack.
    For lunch I had this amazing sandwich on fresh baked multigrain bread. It was spinach, avocado, tomato, cucumber, and veggie cream cheese (I've been eating this like daily. It's my crave food) and a bag of Good Natured Tuscan baked chips.
    Snack 2 - 140 calorie snack pack of chips ahoy. lol.
    Dinner - We have a graduation so it will be pizza, veggies and dip and I might squeeze a piece of cake in there...or just eat it anyway.

I'll top out right around 1900 calories sans cake and 2200 w/ cake. This is pretty indicative of what I eat daily except it is lower on dairy than usual and I don't normally eat cake. I'm not gaining and I feel ok. Of course, I am taking my prenatal too. Living a little. I've been on a freakin diet since #2 was born 3 years ago.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @katsoslim those calories seem very low for pregnancy!

I gain weight pretty easily but I'm also very active. I am 29 weeks and I'm up 20lbs (started at a BMI of 21). I eat maintenance but I do eat back my exercise calories which are about 400-500 per day so I normally come in between 2000-2200. I also track my macros and try to stay at 45C, 30F, 25P. I was hoping to only gain 25lbs but I think I will end up gaining 30-35lbs by the time I deliver.
  • katsoslim
    katsoslim Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. Looks like I'm off on my calorie goals. Thanks for the comments! I'll work on it. Serfasc, I'm a little over 5'4 and I work out, too. Enter, I like your meal plan much more! I'm going to add peanut butter to my shopping list.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    thanks @katsoslim. I'm 5'4 but I'm mostly just walking a couple of miles a day. And I was already 195lbs to start...there is likely considerably more of me to maintain. lol.