What in the heck happened to my boobs?!

Options
luckynky
luckynky Posts: 123 Member
I have only lost around 9 lbs, and yet my boobs have shrunk so much, and besides that, they now seem to be migrating all over my chest and are hanging from my arm pits. I tried on 12 different styles (two different sizes) of bras over the weekend and came home with 1 that was sort of okay but definitely not very flattering. NOTHING FITS. They're either falling out the top, or falling out the sides. Please-- does anyone else have this problem? I always had decent shaped breasts and never had problems with bras until the last few years. Now that I'm losing weight and getting older, they are just completely horrible. I would just be happy with any bra that held them in place properly. Any suggestions? I really don't want surgery (ever). :(

Replies

• daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think the only reason my boobs are not where yours are is the fact that I had a baby in 2012. Hormones! I'm again pregnant, so my boobs will be "spectacular" for a while longer. :laugh:
  • luckynky
    Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy, doac1972! I had a baby in 2010 and breastfed for just over 2 years. Part of my problem is that I get too much milk. I've had three kids and when my milk comes in, it's like a freak show. So, there is a ton of stretched out skin there. And to make matters worse, I used to be a C cup normally, and now I'm a B, but only when you stuff all that extra skin into the cup. If I didn't have all the skin, I would probably now be a full A cup. Really, I don't mind all that, I just want a bra that fits right!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep,,, lost my boobs too, get a boob job or just enjoy wearing some nice slinky tops!
  • luckynky
    Options
    yep,,, lost my boobs too, get a boob job or just enjoy wearing some nice slinky tops!

Small boobs is fine. Boobs that are like empty sacks hanging down is not so fine. Especially not in a slinky top!
  • Basia_and4345
    Basia_and4345 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Augmentation may be the answer, but depending on your situation have you tried pectoral exercises? Sometimes this can give us gals a bit more lift but if the issue is excess stretching than maybe you can reward yourself with an augmentation when you reach your desired goal. In the mean time, there are some upscale bra shops that will fit you properly. It will be a little pricey but every gal should have at least on perfect fitting bra.
  • skinnylw
    Options
    Have you ever tried a body wrap? It helps with stretch marks and may help your boob skin tighten. I shrank my boobs when I got them. A little pricey, but is great for all your skin, is relaxing, and helps rid the body of water retention. Just a thought...
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm with the well fitting bra and upper body (pec) workout! It really does help. I'm also in agreement about no surgery!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I would go to Victoria Secret so they can measure you and then maybe you will be able to know your actual size it should be at no cost and you're not obligated to purchase anything, it sure helped me.

any size breast are yours and you should be happy with how your bra fits Good Luck
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do not go to VS for bra fitting. They do it wrong. Measure yourself using this page http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide. Go to an upscale department store like Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom and have them fit you. See how close they get. Also look into http://www.jockey.com/brafitkit and you will find a new way to fit a bra. It will not help with finding a bra with standard sizing, though.