SOS Shout out Sundays 7/7/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay MFP playing tricks on me! I could have sworn I posted this earlier today! Anyway what happened this week?

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Tons of FOOD events....happened. I am glad to clean out & get back on a schedule tomorrow. Did make decent choices but balancing everything proved challenging. Focus..focus...focus starts back tomorrow or I could see this relaxed path staying around. Self check & cleaner eating & less alcohol a must.
    Hope everyone is well!!! Monday is a great day to regain my strength.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, noticed a small change in my eating pattern this week, I started not being able to eat as much as I used to, so I think my metabolism is adjusting to the increased working out. Started tracking with my HRM this past week and I'm seeing some differences in the numbers, so this week I'm planning to start tracking food again (it's a little earlier than my RD wants, but feeling these changes in eating, I'm thinking that I need to start looking at how much I'm feeling the need to eat and start working on that side of it.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Starting Monday I'm cleared to do the big four barbell lifts, as long as my knees cooperate:

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Overhead Press
    Bench Press

They're something I've had a bit of a fear of for a while. I'm overcoming a bit of a mental obstacle.
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just coming off of a two week vacation in Hawaii! We had a great time but are having a hard time adjusting back to the right time zone. Food and exercise is coming back into play and I am scheduling in the gym.......... I like the everyday challenge idea!! I did the arm challenge exercises today!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with being content with what I weigh and how I look. I am in the maintenance phase and finding it hard to know how to react. Friday the scale read 137 when for many weeks in a row I weighed 136-134 range. I am feeling let down which in turn is causing stinkin thinkin. For instance several times when I looked at myself in mirror I was seeing me as being fat. I am not fat. But that is what I was seeing.

Has anyone else been through this?
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with being content with what I weigh and how I look. I am in the maintenance phase and finding it hard to know how to react. Friday the scale read 137 when for many weeks in a row I weighed 136-134 range. I am feeling let down which in turn is causing stinkin thinkin. For instance several times when I looked at myself in mirror I was seeing me as being fat. I am not fat. But that is what I was seeing.

Has anyone else been through this?

Right now, as we speak, I know I'm losing fat, and in general, weight. I see muscles showing up where I didn't have muscles before. But every day I step on the scale I expect to see bad numbers. I look in the mirror and expect to see myself as ridiculously fat. Sure, I'm still fat, but I'm much thinner and more muscular than I was, and it shows. Mentally, I haven't figured out that I'm on a road to success yet. It just hasn't sunk in.

My suggestion: Find a physical fitness goal. Plan on running a 10k or half marathon. Plan on cycling 50 miles or a century. Set specific goals in the gym, like bench pressing 135lb or doing a pull up. Once you hit your goal find a new goal. Doing the same thing, day in and day out for "maintenance" can be pretty boring. Do something cool now that you're in the weight range to do it.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,475 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Haircut Day and that was all that got done. Today, July 8th, is our 30th Wedding Anniversary. There's a good chance I won't be getting my regular exercises done.

Hope everyone has a grand Monday, see you all tomorrow!!

Chris
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :sad: Last week was crazy!

Monday - Wednesday was boring days at work.

Thursday - my family and I participated in the Old Frontier's Day parade Where we honored our soldiers including my brother in the NAVY, my brother who was in the Army National Guard when he was killed in Iraq (two years ago on 7/7/11) and my cousin who is in the Air Force. Then my husband and I walked around the Old Frontier's Festival after lunch and another festival in my parents town. When then joined my parents church family to watch fireworks in the church parking lot.
    We got home at about 10:30 that night with people still shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood :sad: and my mother in law came in to town that night as well bringing us a new mattress for our bed (heavenly sleep!!!)

Friday - was a LONG day at work since we went to bed late and had to wake up early.

Saturday - we went to a boat party (I this was my last time drinking, I'm quiting!!!)

Sunday - was a relaxing day, cleaning the house and getting the boys back from their mother!

Like I said a long week! and I have decided I am no longer drinking alcohol! Saturday was a bad night for me and I think it's just time to quit that crap.

Woo! Hope you all have a great week! Happy Monday! :love: