05/10 Tuesday Day 10 SLBC

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

How's Your “One Thing” Going?

You selected one action in particular to focus on this month that should result in you sitting less. How is this priority action going? Is it becoming easier to do and maybe even a habit? Stick with it and give it some attention. New habits need regular practice!

Alternative Challenge: Instead of sitting because you can why not get up and learn an active skill? Like juggling or the Yo-Yo!

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I ended up modifying my one thing to setting a timer for 50 minutes every time I started working on something that required sitting for long periods and getting up when the timer went off if I had not moved yet. It is going very well, and I am finding that I usually don't make it to the 50 minute mark before I get up.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Haven't set a timer yet to tell me to move every hour. But I don't feel like I need one either... Walking for 30+ minutes at lunch has helped.
  • karbruce
    karbruce Posts: 73 Member
    I am taking the "long way around" at the office to whatever destination. It really is making a difference.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    I changed my "One Thing." I bought a standing desk and am working up to standing for 2 hours a day at work. I'm also using the bathrooms farther away. :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Setting a timer to move, taking a stretch break regularly, taking the long way around, and getting a standing desk are all terrific "one things" that will have you sitting less long after May is over. That's what Auna and I really hope you get out of Boot Camp this month. New sit-less habits and strategies that are easy for you to implement in your lives.

Hearing all your "one things" and updates on how it's going is just making my day!
  • ejcook22
    ejcook22 Posts: 5 Member
    So far so good getting in an afternoon walk at lunch and walking downstairs to our other offices a few times a day rather than saving it all up for one trip at the end of the day.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    My "one thing" was to take a one-mile walk at lunch. I have a little sticky note at my desk with the days crossed off. Didn't do well last week with all the rain, but 2 for 2 so far this week. :)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,349 Member
    I'm doing pretty well with getting in my 250 per hour. I certainly getting more total steps in, and I only miss an occasional hour. Yay!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Last week was easier. Mother's Day weekend is always very busy at work and it was rainy here. I had to give in to my body and brain and give in to the exhaustion and hunger yesterday.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,759 Member
    I have a little spreadsheet open on my desk to help me keep tract of my hourly steps. I've been working to get in 250+ steps each hour. It doesn't sound like much but sure takes effort!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    My one thing which is to move during commercials and do squats and calf raises has been pretty slow. I am getting in other movement like running around, shopping and organizing but things have been very busy lately with school events and volunteering. When I do sit for long periods it's because I'm really tired.