Pregabalin?

charliemarie923
charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone had ever been on or had any experience with the drug pregabalin?

In mental health, it is used as anti-anxiety, but its main properties are to treat neuropathic pain and act as an anti-convulsant.

I have been on 75mg morning and night for two weeks now and they are really screwing with my brain. My reading and spelling is appalling and I am typing hybrid words...the other day I used 'louding' I mean what the **** is that? And I am using different tenses all in the same sentence. I have to re-read everything I write and its driving me crazy, because normally I am apt at literacy.

It is also messing with my sleep, big time. It is erratic and unpredictable...though I am generally getting more hours, btu it makes little difference, because I also feel so tired all the time.

I have other side-effects too, but they bother me much less.

has anyone experienced any of this? Or knwos when it will stop?

Replies

• bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    I have not previously heard of this medication but have taken similar ones. If you are still experiencing these side effects after two weeks and they are not subsiding, I would definitely talk with your pharmacist AND report this to your doctor no matter what the pharmacist says. Side effects usually go away in a few days. Personally, I do not see how you have stood it this long. I believe you. I feel as if I have been a lab rat where meds are concerned. The side effects can be worse than the original problem. There is probably something that will work with your particular body chemistry. This does not sound right to me.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Hi,
    Just thought Id let you know that the side-effects wore off after a couple of weeks, then they doubled the dose for 3 days...then they stopped it altogether. Now Im on Trifluoperazine and Diazepam. Definately a lab-rat, without a doubt. Someone get it right for christs sake-and give them chance to bloody work!!
    Sorry this was my early morning/late night 3.32am rant. :D