Humblebrag photos

Options
valerieblaydes
valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
Wouldn't it be fun to post pictures of our clothes getting big, or ourselves fitting into new clothes? Here's one I took when I got home from Alaska: When I left for work, those jeans would just button up without lying down. 13 lbs. later (around 5 kilos) they were in need of a belt!n5xml75h7tar.jpeg

Replies

• valerieblaydes
    Options
    I have a girlfriend who made the weight loss journey from 250+ down over 100 lbs. She's super fit and quite the gym rat now, so I'm accustomed to seeing selfies on her Facebook and Instagram--selfies in bikinis on the beach, in the gym, in skimpy Halloween costumes. She's amazing and has every right to be confident. As for me, I doubt I'm ever going public with my 400 odd Facebook friends when I reach my goals. I'm more shy than that...

However...maybe the first members in our group to reach their goals can post some pictures to inspire us! And the shy ones can bear to share pictures in a private, closed group.
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have no shame about posting progress pictures. I mean...it's my profile pic anyhow! I love when clothes start to fit better though! Specially when jeans get so loose you can pull them down without having to unzip them!
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    Oh, I LOVE that. It makes it faster to get in and out of the bathroom, too!
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like the goal picture idea!. I love skimming through "transformation Tuesday" hashtags on Instagram. If anyone else likes to do the same, take a look at Fitgirlsguide on Instagram. Such an inspiring group of women of all shapes and sizes!
  • stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome idea
    Though it might not work for some very shy women, but seing all of you girls will be extremely helpful!
  • Kareesdiet
    Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How do you add a picture?
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    In the reply, tap the little picture of a camera
  • Kareesdiet
    Options
    Well that was simple!!! Hahah how did I miss that?!?
  • stesig13
    Options
    I thought I will see some motivating pictures....????i need an opinion: is it ugly for mother of the ride?wj8q1m5b81of.jpeg
  • stesig13
    Options
    stesig13 wrote: »
    I thought I will see some motivating pictures....????i need an opinion: is it ugly for mother of the ride?wj8q1m5b81of.jpeg

I like it and my daughters say it is ugly;(
  • Kareesdiet
    Options
    Usually I would say if you like it... well nothing else matters... but if its your daughters wedding I would say she gets to have a say.
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    I think it's pretty, but it's always about the bride. It would help to know *what* she dislikes, though, so you can find one she does like. Is it the angles, the lace, the ruffles?
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    And hang in there, Stella! I will post pictures the moment I take one I'm proud of! I'm sure we all will...
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have always hated taking pictures. I am going to start every day after weigh in though so I can have a visual timeline. Not this week because it will be my first but next week I will share before and after photos with yall on weigh in days. I am a very self conscious person so putting myself out there will be a personal growth exercise as well. I will share it in this thread. Some of yall are going to join me right?
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    I will join you :)
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    Shawna, I think we need a picture of those jeans!
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    February 28, 2016 to April 23, 2016. There isn't as big a visual difference during that time as I wanted, but about 5 1/8" lost in the core. Taking an updated picture this week and will post. Will also figure out how to make these pics a little smaller - wow.
    cw0zvu9kzzha.jpgle3vpfmm1lgw.jpg

• hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    stesig13 wrote: »
    I thought I will see some motivating pictures....????i need an opinion: is it ugly for mother of the ride?

I like the dress, but agree your daughter must also like your choice. For my son's wedding, I was fortunate that I was only asked to wear a coordinating color and that was pretty easy.
  • jaxbella14
    jaxbella14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stella - I like the dress but I guess your daughter does have an opinion that should matter. My son is getting married in August and I'm waiting until the very last minute to get my dress hoping to lose more weight before purchasing it. Thankfully sons don't care what their mothers wear but at my daughter's wedding I did ask her opinion on my dress.
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @hoovhome you look great. You are definitely thinned out in the middle and in your cheeks.