How are you all doing?

Options
jotrex23
jotrex23 Posts: 21 Member
I'm SO SORRY, I haven't been into my group for a while, I honestly haven't forgotten about you, just been head down, bum up working on my weight "Getting rid of". I DON'T call it "LOSING" weight now, because in my mind for the first time in the last couple of months thoughts on the subject is generally when you lose something, you are really setting yourself up to try and find it again, like a lost piece of jewellery or photo.
So my thinking is, keeping my calories a good few under my daily limit WITHOUT being hungry or ruining my chances of a successful outcome.
I have "lost" weight before, gained it back of course because:
1.) I did not have an AWESOME app like this one to help kick my butt and a fantastic support crew, all in the same boat here.
2.) I used to use the term "losing weight" because that's what everybody says, instead of "getting rid of PERMANENTLY".
3.) I didn't have the same motivation to getting rid of it and taking notice as NOT to let it creep back on.
4.) I kept some of my "fat" clothes, just incase I need them again, BUT NOT THIS TIME, those lovely but oversized clothes are leaving my life permanently ASAP and I will NEVER meet their cousins!.
And 5.) Truthfully, I don't think I was really doing it hard enough for myself other times, this is it, NO MORE hating the view in the mirror or when I look down at me.
The only way is DOWN (on the scales), to my goal and PERMANENTLY staying there!!!!
I TRULY HOPE you are all doing really well and staying positive, I have got rid of 7.5kg's so far and it is NEVER coming back!!!
HUGE HUGS to you all, it can be hard getting rid of weight when you have a chronic illness and alot less energised than normal, but it IS TRULY possible!!!!. Keep thinking positive friends, you CAN do it and you ARE 100% worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Replies

• CaliVictoria
    CaliVictoria Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm happy to be part of this group! I have Behcets, Fibromyalgia, and Type 2 diabetes.
  • jotrex23
    jotrex23 Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks for your reply CaliVictoria, it's great to "meet" you too!. I hope you are doing ok as can be expected with your health and having a great weekend! :-)