Sit Less Resource #7: The Wonders of Walking

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Walking is the most beneficial of all activities. It's free, easy to access (no gym required) and almost everyone can do it. Here are a few of my favorite walking infographics!

aahikbmeisi9.jpg

8omwwih1hmvw.jpg

ygs0ck3t760o.jpg

vb6nkdpi1bs4.jpg

Replies

• jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Wow, great info. Some I knew but some I didn't. The fact that it takes 207 muscles to take one step and the fact that it increases your metabolism and builds muscle and it's just an all around great exercise is wonderful.
    The increase in my metabolism will make me more likely to go and start walking.
    On May 1st, I participated in the MS Walk for the first time in several years. I used my walker but I was able to walk 2+ kilometres. It was so exciting.
    This makes me think that I will be able to walk without my walker now; not as far but at first but at least I know it's doable.
    I'm excited to start walking. All it takes is for me to get up off the couch. I have a pedometer but if I can't find it I'm buying another one.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,349 Member
    Such great news. Just do it - every damn day! ;)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    I agree… Walking is such a great activity! I'm walking right now on my treadmill as I post this using Siri on my iPad.