Keeping Band Clean

aubreyjordan
aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
I got the pink Charge HR 2 weeks ago and love it. However, I'm already noticing the band is becoming discolored in some places. Any tips on how to clean it/maintain its color? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    I think you can use any mild soap as long as you avoid getting the charging port wet. I have the plum HR now but I had the black for over a year and I would often use my husband's eyeglass wipes (really just rubbing alcohol on a wipe) to clean mine with no problems. The only reason I had to replace mine was I kinda yanked on it to unplug it from the charger one day and broke it! I was pretty upset with myself, but I depend my Charge HR so much I replaced it later that day. I was a little fussy today after I saw the pink one was out because it's cute and wasn't available at that time! Enjoy!
  • aubreyjordan
    Thanks! I tried some alcohol on a cotton ball and got some off. I'll try some dish soap as well. I had the Zip but had wanted a wrist one for a little while. When I saw the pink one advertised in the target ad, I immediately went and got it. Pink is my favorite color. It's just the band gets dirty very easily. I think I'm just going to have to clean it every day so it doesn't get grungy. Thanks for the tip!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Mine gets gross after a run thanks to sunscreen. I spray my tangerine HR with some spray for my glasses and give it a light scrub with a cheap tooth brush.
  • aubreyjordan
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Mine gets gross after a run thanks to sunscreen. I spray my tangerine HR with some spray for my glasses and give it a light scrub with a cheap tooth brush.

Ooh, that's a good idea!