7 months out and here's the scoop

Options
milaortiz30
milaortiz30 Posts: 25 Member
SW: 232
CW: 153
GW: 140? 125? not sure (weight lost so far 79lbs)
Original size - 18/20
Current size - 8/10
Goal size - 4/6 i think

so what can i tell new sleever or those considering it....well first of all - the surgery is not gonna lose the weight for you. so if you're not willing to put in the work don't even bother spending the money.

i'd say the first 20lbs flew off but after that i had to work out and eat right just like everyone else. I don't eat sugar or carbs. Of course I've cheated here and there but I stay pretty tight on it. I also work out 3 to 5 days a week. I run and I lift weights.

Physically. Well of course i'm smaller. I have some sagging skin but nothing earth shattering. i'll get plastic surgery if i can afford it later. i've lost my boobs and butt but i'm working on those too lol.

Mentally. that is the hard part. in my mind i still feel fat unless i catch myself in a mirror by accident or my boyfriend lifts me up and i realize hey. he can lift me lol. somedays i feel super skinny and other days i still feel 232.

Eating i do not eat the same way at all. some by choice and some i just can't. i never could metabolize sugar very well but now i find it completely tranks me out. i'm exhausted and in cases i fall asleep without warning due to sugar lol. so no wine or ice cream etc. i use splenda or stevia. i can't eat bread at all. sometimes i can eat rice but i don't. i can't really eat pasta at all. i can eat potatoes but i don't.

Drinking i can still drink alcohol but i try not to just cuz of the calories and when i do it's usually vodka cuz it's not that calorie ridden or high in sugar.

can't think of much else. just do you. try to b active and make good choices. im sure there are more veteran sleevers on here that can tell you more. this is just my experience after 7 or so odd months. :)

ptcohg1csgot.jpg
jq3w1tmmkoee.jpg

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am 2 1/2 years out, and I agree with everything said here, but I would like to add that the first months/year (depending on how much you have to lose) is easy. It might seem like hard work, because there are so many changes and challenges, but I honestly feel like I didn't have to start working hard until I got close to goal (not quite there yet) and had to start really living with my new normal. Once the weight loss started slowing down I had to push even harder. I have to be even more conscious of my choices now because the wrong choices seem to have more of an impact. What's working for me now is going back to what worked for me the first year post surgery. Back to the basics. So use that time after surgery to really focus on making permanent changes. I have had to take the same advice that I have given to others - follow the program, do what your surgeon and his team tells you to do, and you will be successful.

Saying that having this surgery changed my life for the better is such an understatement. I have good health and a quality of life I never thought I would have, and every single day I am grateful for my new lease on life.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I agree that the surgery is a gift and we really have to work our program for success. I also agree with everything garber6th said.
  • Naomi_the_Great
    Naomi_the_Great Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    somedays i feel super skinny and other days i still feel 232.

This.

Oddest feeling.

You look great, BTW!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look fantastic! :)
  • gardendoc
    gardendoc Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep up the hard work. I've found that sugar will put me in a coma really fast