Exercises for tummy

Options
12Sarah2015
12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
Anyone doing any particular exercise. I had diastis and tummys just not getting smaller yet

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm focused on just dropping the weight and trying to get the fat off my stomach area, but once I get the all clear at my 6 week checkup I plan to do planks/push ups and circuit training that incorporates abs like I did after my first. I believe there are specific exercises for working on that problem though, if I remember what I Google'd after thinking I had it after my daughter.

Have you also asked your doctor what they suggest to help? :)
  • amarie210
    amarie210 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm just eating well and doing the bikini body mommy 5.0 workouts. She has an ab workout also.

I second checking in with your doctor-depending on how big your separation is, PT might help.
  • ReneeHuffy
    ReneeHuffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also had bad seperation. I was told to not do most ab workouts. So hopefully with clean eating, the fat will melt away. They always say- "Abs are made in the kitchen"!
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Yeah I might ask my Dr but not planning to go back for another four months
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    By then maybe the tummy fat will just disappear. Cant wait to have a waist again!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I lost a ton of core strength so that's my focus right now but lots of core strengtheners will help with the tummy too... When baby is on the floor playing I lay down with her and do planks. I hate planks but she seems to enjoy my groaning and grunting and my silly faces lol. So my exercise turns into good her and me time :)
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    10 months postpartum and have all clear from dr to exercise as much as I want again. Diasastis has healed!