July week 2

Options
luisalg14
luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
Hey, guys!

Time's flying by. I don't know how we're already in week 2 of the second half of the year. Amazing!

Hope everybody has a great start to week 2 :happy:

I am going to get my workout in now. I should really do some resistance training, which I haven't done properly for a while. Hopefully I can get that, and a bit of Combat done today.

What are your plans for the week?

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 by biking around the lake. There was a strong headwind and that made my heart rate go through the roof - avg. 159 (82%), max. 181 (94%). Today I went for a walk as a warm-up (Nordic walking) before doing upper body strength training. Hopefully the weather is nice tomorrow so that I can do another bike trip around the lake.

Week 2 (8.-14.7.)
    08: 660 (bicycling 25.9km)
    09: 752 (Nordic walking 3km, strength training, yoga)
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:

Week 2 Total: 1412
    Week 2 Goal: 3800 (37.16%)
    July Total: 5841
    July Goal: 15200 (38.43%)
  • luisalg14
    Options
    Here's my progress so far this week:

July 8th - 444 (Combat cardio fighter)
    July 9th - 387 (Combat Hiit power & inner warrior)
    July 10th - 646 (Combat live, yoga meltdown)

Just got my new Rocking Body workout on the mail today. Not sure if I'm going to follow the programme exactly, or just use it as a 'top up". Never tried a dancing workout before, so I will look like a fool, for sure :)
  • wtw0n
    Options
    Week 2 (8.-14.7.)
    10: 522 (bicycling 16.2km, elliptical trainer)
    11: 1090 (bicycling 45.99km)
    12:
    13:
    14:

Week 2 Total: 3024
    Week 2 Goal: 3800 (79.6%)
    July Total: 7453
    July Goal: 15200 (49%)

Biked to a neighbouring town to watch a Finnish baseball game today. I may take a rest day tomorrow, my thighs hurt like hell right now.
  • luisalg14
    Options
    July 11th - 446 (Combat Hiit shock Plyo & inner warrior + Rockin' Body mark and move).

RB workout was fun; excited to try out their other workouts in the coming days. However, I have a very strange sharp pain below my belly, where hernias go... I hope that I haven't hurt myself and that's just muscle soreness. If I have a hernia I'm going to be so mad at myself! :mad:
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wt & louisa - hope you both stop hurting soon!

I've had a challenging week. Massive storm, flooding & power outage on Monday so couldn't run inside or outside. Outage continued on Tuesday, so I couldn't go swimming (pool had no power) or running (workout clothes were still wet in the washer). So, those 2 days coupled with 2 total rest days on vacation last week means I am WAY behind on my burn for this month.

However, due to the Indy race this weekend here in Toronto, my commuting road has been closed. So I rode my bike to work & back both today and yesterday - so I'm catching up! And this weekend DH and I are going camping with our bikes, and we are going to do a massive bike ride on the shores of Lake Huron tomorrow. With these plans, I'm sure I can make up the 1500 calories I'm currently behind. Or put a big dent into them!

And in other news, I have been training for a Try-a-Tri for a couple of months now. Yesterday I actually registered and paid my money. Eek! I'm committed now!
  • luisalg14
    Options
    Thanks, Zanne. I woke up feeling a bit better, though it didn't help that hubby kept on talking about horrific stories of hernias and appendicitis last night! I decided to work out a bit today anyway, to work through the soreness, or beating my body into submission, rather :)

Sounds like you had a bit of a crazy start to the week. Way to go on cycling to work! I would have been "nah, calling in sick now" or something :p Congratulations on getting started with the triathlon. I wish I could do that one day as well...
  • wtw0n
    Options
    Done with week 2! I couldn't do a proper strength training workout today 'cause I had no energy after a long walk + my body is still quite tired after that ~46km I biked a day before yesterday.

Week 2 (8.-14.7.)
    10: 522 (bicycling 16.2km, elliptical trainer)
    11: 1090 (bicycling 45.99km)
    12: 90 (Focus T25 - Stretch)
    13: 828 (walking 9.51km, strength training)
    14: -rest day-

Week 2 Total: 3942
    Week 2 Goal: 3800 (103.74%)
    July Total: 8371
    July Goal: 15200 (55.07%)
  • zanne54
    Options
    Hi team! Or...hi Luisa & wt (is anybody else still doing the challenge?)

Just got home from a fantastic weekend of camping and bike riding. The weather could not have been more perfect. 28C and sunny - ALL WEEKEND! So, DH and I decided to go on an ambitious bike ride yesterday. From our campground into town, and we thought it was about 35km one way. That's achievable, right? Ride for a couple of hours, stop for lunch, and then ride back. Well, imagine our surprise when we passed 35 km and still had more to go to get into town - it was actually 46 km! Time to refuel - so we had a couple of pints on a glorious patio, hit up the chip wagon, and then rode back. Not gonna lie - there were times on the return ride when it sucked. Legs were heavy; we had a headwind, and one hill that almost broke me. We took a more direct route on the return to shave off a little distance - total return trip was was 89 km!!! And a 3,000 calorie burn! Crazy, considering neither of us has a road bike. And yes, I ate steak and drank red wine as a reward!

Today we broke camp early so we would have time to ride the park's bike trails. DH is new into mountain biking, and is trying to get me hooked. There were parts that scared the crap out of me, and then there parts that I loved. Great, another thing to spend money on!

I am so caught up on my calories AND I have a bunch in the bank - my weekly goal was 613 x 7 = 4,291 and I burned 6,491. Running total for the month is 10,331 / 8,582

Hope everybody else is rocking it too!
  • luisalg14
    Options
    That is unbelievable! Honestly, it's crazy amazing. Well done :)

I had an indulgent night last night, of steak and wine as well :) So I ended up taking today off from exercise. I'm still behind on my calories, but definitely plan on doing some catch up on week 3!

My total for the month is 5334 so far.
  • wtw0n
    Options
    zanne54, that's awesome! 89km is superb!
  • zanne54
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Knowing that we can do 89 km just opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. 100 km will be our next goal! (yes, we are crazy! lol)