What did you do today?

Options
TangledThread
TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
A thread for chatter about the challenge and life.

Ready. Set. Go!

Replies

• TangledThread
    Options
    This week's challenge is covering miles.

I've been feeling worn out from a sinus infection so instead of running I'm headed out for a long walk. Today is the first day it isn't raining in a week and I'm so excited to see the sunshine.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    yesterday I got a strength workout - mowing my lawn it is super long and was a very big workout
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Needed to go to the bank yesterday and seeing as it wasn't raining for once, I walked there and back. It's about 2 miles from my house. Although it started raining as soon as I got back lol
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Also this rain has been messing with my c25k program and I don't own a treadmill or gym membership...so guess who was running and walking the length of the house over and over like a crazy person for 30 minutes yesterday :D
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I put my mini trampoline in the living room so I can bounce on it while I watch Tv.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    TangledThread, I'm glad you made a discussion for some chatter among us. I was just thinking we need a thread where we can just talk to each other about what's going on in our life/weight loss journey. As for me, I've been struggling to keep up with a healthy diet and exercise on a routine basis. The other day I was at the gym on the elliptical getting a workout, when suddenly i just started crying and then the crying turned into laughing, like snorting kind of laughing. i wondered if anyone else has had this happen to them.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My zumba instructor started hosting an Urban Rhythms cardio dance class a few weeks ago, and I finally got the go ahead from my physical therapist to start going back to the gym. So I tried this dance class. She turned off the lights and blasted the music, and even though many of us sucked at dancing, it was a lot of fun! Definitely looking forward to trying it again! (I did discover, though, I am physically incapable of twerking. My hips just do not move like that!)
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    TangledThread, I'm glad you made a discussion for some chatter among us. I was just thinking we need a thread where we can just talk to each other about what's going on in our life/weight loss journey. As for me, I've been struggling to keep up with a healthy diet and exercise on a routine basis. The other day I was at the gym on the elliptical getting a workout, when suddenly i just started crying and then the crying turned into laughing, like snorting kind of laughing. i wondered if anyone else has had this happen to them.

I have cried and laughed at the same time or numerous occasions. My husband is amazed by my ability to do it!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    We had our semi-annual BBQ at work today. I had the whole angel/devil thing going on prior to heading over at lunch but decided that it was ok if I went over calorie budgets every once in a while. I have become so addicted to being able to complete my diary under goal and knowing that all your mfp friends see that, it is true inspiration to do your best as much as you can. However, it is amazing to see that I was still able to indulge and come in less than 1800 calories when I am sure in the past it would have probably been at least 3000 calories at one of these. Guess this could have also been posted under the NSV thread...lol.
  • TangledThread
    Options

Not quite like that, but if I go a several days in row at less than 1380 calories I will find myself randomly bursting into tears.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I am at a conference. So in the spirit of the challenge i walked around the hotel during breaks, spent an hour in the pool doing water aerobics instead of going to a Chinese buffet. Then I walked 1.5 miles to get a piece of baked chickens. I now have 16000 steps on my pacer. My back hurts. Hope he hotel bed is comfortable.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Took mum to airport. Her visit was fun and an emotional roller coaster. I Ate too much as I de-stressed and relaxed tonight. Back on track tomorrow. Cycle plannex.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I did some strength training yesterday. Since February I've only been doing cardio, now 24 lbs down I'm starting to notice I'm getting more flabby. I think I have done myself an injustice by not strength training this whole time. I'm sore today but it's so worth it. I was always so not willing to go out of my comfort zone at the gym, but I'm very glad I have finally found a workout plan I can't actually do, without having to hire a personal trainer.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    25km cycle, 15 min xtrainer and 15 min treadmill plus some yoga and meditation.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Had a 2 hour martial arts training session today which incorporated everything from conditioning to actual martial arts techniques. Then I came home and did my little c25K session for the day running around the basement since...suprise it's raining again. I really ate poorly today but burned the excess calories off in the end. Thursday and Friday I did absolutely nothing in terms of a planned exercise session. Although I did park at the edge of the lot when I drove anywhere and used a basket instead of a trolley at the grocery store to try to get a little strength training in. Hope everyone had a good week! ^_^
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Had a 2 hour martial arts training session today which incorporated everything from conditioning to actual martial arts techniques. Then I came home and did my little c25K session for the day running around the basement since...suprise it's raining again. I really ate poorly today but burned the excess calories off in the end. Thursday and Friday I did absolutely nothing in terms of a planned exercise session. Although I did park at the edge of the lot when I drove anywhere and used a basket instead of a trolley at the grocery store to try to get a little strength training in. Hope everyone had a good week! ^_^

Running the C25K in the basement is adorable and I love it. You are awesome at keeping to your goals.
  • TangledThread
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My mom was here this weekend and she is a bundle of never ending energy that wears me out. After a hard day of work around my house doing maintenance that I couldn't do by myself, changing light fixtures in the ceiling, clearing gutters, digging out small trees in the garden, three trips to the hardware store and one to the garden center... after all that... once we were done eating dinner... she said it had been a long day and she wanted to take it easy until bed.

When I say I want to take it easy I watch TV and knit.

Apparently I'm doing it wrong, since what she meant was she wanted to go out. We went over the option and she chose clothes shopping to buy me new jeans. Mine were super saggy and she wanted to see me in ones that fit, so we went to the thrift shop.

I've worn these same jeans as I gained 15 lbs over the last few years. This year I've lost those 15lbs + 8 more and if I wasn't wearing belt they would drop to my ankles. Surely I've gone down a size?

Nope. My new super tiny jeans have the same number in the back as the too big ones I'm throwing away. A combination of jeans sizing between brands to be nonsensical and my old ones growing right along with me. Whatever. I'm rocking these new snug jeans and love that I can walk without hitching up the belt with each step.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    4lbs up from 2 weeks ago when we started. Poor food choices. Got upset about how many foods give me a sinus headache and inflamation so kind of gave up restricting histamines and carbs. OMG I feel so unhealthy. That is aside from the headache and bloating! Guess I am stuck with a narrow food selection. Mum home and my resolve reset. After my day of trying to feel coherent today, I will be back with you tomorrow.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    4lbs up from 2 weeks ago when we started. Poor food choices. Got upset about how many foods give me a sinus headache and inflamation so kind of gave up restricting histamines and carbs. OMG I feel so unhealthy. That is aside from the headache and bloating! Guess I am stuck with a narrow food selection. Mum home and my resolve reset. After my day of trying to feel coherent today, I will be back with you tomorrow.

Welcome back! We all falter...we're human...but the thing to be proud of is that you are back at it. Have a great day!!
  • 785Sue
    785Sue Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This Saturday I would normally drive the trail, however, I decided to walk the trail instead. At the end of the walk I was very impressed that I was able to walk that distance, up hills and through some pretty hard terrain. I will now make those choice more often. Thanks MFP for the motivation.