Gluten-free does not help my weight issue

rickromanelli
rickromanelli Posts: 2 Member
Hi all,

I have been Gluten-free for 3 years after a diagnosis from my doctor of a strong gluten intolerance. The problem has been that I gained 20 pounds since then. As gluten-free eaters know, foods like butter, cheese, sugar, rice, and potatoes are gluten free for the most part. This makes weight loss challenging. As I find more ways to eat healthy without inflaming my intestines, I will be happy to share them.

Nice to meet you all!

Rick

Replies

• arcountrygirl1
    arcountrygirl1 Posts: 10 Member
    I stick with foods that are naturally gluten free. I do eat "gluten free" foods but not very often. Check out pinterest...they have some great ideas.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    I stick with foods that are naturally gluten free. I do eat "gluten free" foods but not very often. Check out pinterest...they have some great ideas.

Same here. I do a low carb version of gluten free. I also don't eat soy, sugar and most dairy. A lot of veggies, meats and some fruits. I will occasionally have a "gluten" free treat like pizza or breads/wraps. I don't eat rice, grains or potatoes. I think these tips would help the OP
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    I do the same. I try to have more of a low carb/naturally gluten free lifestyle. I have a soy, slight dairy allergy along with diverticulitis so no nuts, seeds etc. so it makes eating hard. I do occasionally have a frozen GF meal or Canyon Bakehouse bread. I can't find a protein shake I like whatsoever or else I'd do those more
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hello!

I am new to being GF, having only started a few weeks ago. But I have already noticed a change in how I feel and have noticed a decrease in my weight. I stick to lean meats, lots of vegetables, fresh fruit, and drink a lot of water. My carbs are roasted squash and potatoes. Sometimes I eat rice but not often. I only eat GF labeled food when going out (GF pizza for example) to restaurants but otherwise I only eat foods that are naturally without gluten. I have tried to stay away from the gluten free junk foods because I’m a bit of a junk food addict so once I start it’s hard to stop. I’ve learned to just avoid it.
  • meganreid163
    meganreid163 Posts: 72 Member
    I recently have just started going gluten free because of stomach problems. I have actually found it has helped me with my weightloss goals mostly because I was obsessed with fast food and eating out and now I completely cut out fast food.
    I also limit my dairy intake as well, my day dairy goes something like this.
    Breakfast 2 eggs with 3 slices of bacon.
    Lunch gluten free chicken tenders on top of a tossed salad or greek salad with chickpeas or rice with beans and vegetables.
    Dinner Some kind of protein with vegetables. A baked potato or sweet potato.

Snacks I try to stick to fruit or nuts.
  • RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    I have Celiac and DH and must follow a GF diet. I gained 20 pounds and need to lose it. I will take any and all suggestions as to how to do this. Just eating a GF diet is challenging in itself.