Introduce Yourself!

Options
303lissy
303lissy Posts: 427 Member
Hey everyone, I'm Lissy. I'm 26, a desk jockey in New York, and a happy cat momma. I was inspired to start this group after reading a thread for women with 50+lbs to lose. Some days it seems really daunting, even impossible, to lose this much weight. But it can happen, and it will, one step at a time :)

Starting Weight: 216
Current Weight: 200.2
Goal Weight: 140 (then reevaluate)

Replies

• rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Becky. I have two babies, a 3.5 yo boy and a 1 year old girl. Have always struggled with my weight. My lowest weight I can remember was right before I became pregnant with my little boy. I was 178 lbs. I felt great at that weight. So, that is the weight I am aiming for. I don't see myself as dieting. I am making a life style change. Diets don't last. Calling it a diet makes me feel like its never ending.

SW 248.8
    CW 217
    GW 178
    MG 210 before July! (vacation time!)
  • blb_86
    blb_86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Brandee. I started at 216 and down to 177. My goal is 160lbs then reevaluate. I am mom, work full time and have lost all this weight since February 1. Looking to be in my best shape before I turn 30 in September. Have slowed down the last 2-3weeks and need some motivation to get going again.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm jess, i am currently at my highest weight ever and i would love to be able to use the clothes in my closet again instead of trying not to look at them. i started 61 days ago and my progress is SLOW - but it has always been that way with me as i've gained and lost weight throughout my life.

sw: 223
    cw: 219
    gw: 175

thanks for starting this group! it's my first mfp group!
  • bryonysimmo
    bryonysimmo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Bryony, 26 in the UK. Always struggled with weight but have gained nearly 50lb in the last year, and decided enough is enough! I want to start trying for a baby next year, but want to start as healthy and fit as I can. Hoping this will be the motivation to keep me on track. I love food and don't want to deny myself so am finding weighing and portion control really good!

SW: 224
    CW: 223
    GW: 154

Feel free to add me, my diary is open as well :smile:
  • rebeccalynn915
    rebeccalynn915 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm Becky. I'm 39, a single mom, and I am currently at my heaviest weight. I gained a lot while pregnant with my son and never lost it, then my health declined and with medications, pain, surgeries, and not being able to work or be as active, I gained around 40-50 lbs. Turning 40 soon and wanting to feel better has inspired me to make some changes to my lifestyle. I had brain surgery 6 months ago so I can only do light to moderate exercises. I'm a very picky eater who is also a soda addict, so this will be a challenge!

Starting weight: 240
    Current weight: 236
    Goal weight: 150
  • jessihannagrabenstetter
    Options
    Hi I'm Jess I'm a 20 year old single mom. I gannied 45 lbs when I was pregnant. I was do I g really well for a while when I left my daughter's father and kinda fell off the wagon. I'm back though and looking forward to continuing to get rid of some of this weight.

Starting weight:245
    Current weight: 212
    Goal weight:150
    Minigoal:199 before 7/11 (my birthday)

• arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Annie. I'm 31, married and mother of 3. My highest weight was 283 when I was pregnant with my second. I started the year at 260. I am currently 183.8 and working my way 135.
  • HollyTripp1
    HollyTripp1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Holly I'm an Artist&Crafter I am 53 I live in Minneapolis MN I am at least 70 lbs over weight. I started gaining weight about 7 years ago. As a young adult I was always under weight according to my Doctor. At age 22 I weighed 97 lbs. When I gave birth to my first child I got up to 207. I quickly lost it. Now it seems like for the last 7 yrs I have been gaining. Being menopausal does not help. I got so busy with kids, work, etc.. I was not taking care of my self . I have High cholesterol & High BP taking meds for these now. It's time for me to take care of ME..
    SW: 227
    CW: 227
    GW: 157
  • marianatucker
    marianatucker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi .. Just had my baby jan 26th and pre pregp weight i was 160 and now im at 183... Just trying to stay motivated.. Feel free to add me

Sw 183
    Cw 177
    Goal 160 then 130
  • ToffeeGirl_1878
    ToffeeGirl_1878 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Nikki I'm 37 from the UK and have 2 girls aged 10 and 5. I've always struggled with my weight and I also suffer from PCOS. I joined MFP at the end of January 2016, so far I have lost over 50lbs but still have over 40lb to lose to reach my goal. Always looking for new friends with lots to lose too for motivation and ideas so feel free to add me :)

SW= 236
    CW= 182
    GW= 133
  • tadman662
    tadman662 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I'm Miko, age 41. I've been married 22 years to my best friend and we have 4 children which we homeschool, the youngest being seventeen. With our children growing up and becoming adults, it is a great time for me to take control of my health and fitness! I began walking after spraining my ankle back in 2012, which transitioned to jogging after I saw how out of shape I was on a family backpacking trip in 2014. My starting weight was 195. I began dabbling with my diet in 2015 after being diagnosed with exercised induced asthma and my current weight is 165. I hope to lose 30-40 more pounds which would put me at around 130 as my goal weight. Looking forward to participating in the group!
  • nhopw
    nhopw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm Nancy. 52 with 3 grown children. My heaviest was 285. I lost 50 pounds years ago and have maintained at 215 for a year. My age and menopause are going be a challenge so I need all the support I can get!
    Looking to lose the next 50 for my health.

SW = 217
    CW = 215
    GW = 145
  • yellgiant
    yellgiant Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Áine, I'm 27 from Ireland. I used to be a very fit person, but a severe injury to by shoulder and back meant I couldn't exercise which was my social outlet at the time. Long story short, I got very sad and used food as a comfort and when I saw the weight gain I just started a big negative cycle of thinking.

Now I've taken a good look at my own mental health and with support I've learned that I can't hate myself healthy. And I also can't aim to be what I was, I have to aim to what I can be. So here I am! And I think it's awesome how many people are looking to support each other!

SW: 224
    CW: 203
    GW: 150 (in and around, I'm trying not to get bogged down in numbers)
  • mountaindesigns
    mountaindesigns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Appreciation to Lissy for starting this thread. It will no doubt help us all! I gained 100 lbs several years ago (a health issue) and have put off even trying to lose it. Because of some health issues, I hope to lose 1 or 2 lbs (realistically) each week. But I have no obese friends (that I see regularly) and no obese family at all. I put my story out there on the Introducing discussion and think I've found a weight loss buddy with similar issues and goals as mine! One thing I just noticed is that I'm the heaviest one of us on this thread so far! But I'm proud of myself and ALL of you for getting started! Question from a non-technical person: We are all "replying" to Lissy's initial post. My question is: Is there any way to reply to the replies? Thx
  • yellgiant
    yellgiant Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Question from a non-technical person: We are all "replying" to Lissy's initial post. My question is: Is there any way to reply to the replies? Thx

As far as I know there is no way to reply directly, but you can hit the quote button to make it clear who you are talking to in your next post, like this!
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Madeline. I had lost some weight a few years ago then fell off the wagon. I had gained some back but thankfully not all. Working on losing weight and getting healthier. Just switched to a gym near my home so I will be able to go more often (no longer have a 40 minutes drive round trip just to work out).

Had a bad start to April, so it took my almost a month to make up for it but it has been done and am now starting to see the scale moving down again.

SW: 356 (this time)
    CW: 335
    Mini goal 321 (10 percent of starting weight)
    Final Goal: 180 - may change it when I get closer.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a 39 year old mum of 2 boys (age 4 years and 18 months). I'm determined to be in the best shape of my adult life when I turn 40 in February

SW:266lbs April 7th
    CW: 246lbs
    GW:154lbs