05/21 Saturday Day 21 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
r25zdvd0i5hk.jpg

WEEKEND!

Enjoy your Saturday but please make it an active one. Gardening and yard tending, walking with a friend, checking out a local farmer's market or a bike ride are a few of the many possibilities!

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Love all the ideas. Thanks!!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge Auna37! I am starting some laundry, but will most likely head out somewhere with my husband. I hope to walk on the old railroad trail, before the day is over. Hope that you all have a nice Saturday!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,040 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing the farmers' market and Curves with my sister.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My son is graduating with his bachelor's degree and we are having a big party tonight. I'll be busy all day with preparations. :smiley:
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am going to see how many steps I can get on my new FitBit today!!! Gadget fun that keeps me from sitting. :smile:
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I mistakenly posted under the wrong day - this post was meant for Saturday May 21:

Earlier this week I 'put the bug' in a friend's ear, mentioning that the lilacs should be in bloom at the local garden area and we should visit. Because her schedule varies every day, I told her to let me know - but not having heard back, I figured I may not be going there this weekend. However she texted me before 8 this AM, wanting to go today. So we did.
    The lilac gardens are attached to hiking trails, so we just kept going, and in the end put in 5 miles hiking. Including up and down many steep hills. On some I was huffing and puffing, but in the end the hill climbing was really bothering my back, so I am glad that we got back to the starting point when we did. It was a really good outing - and hopefully the first of many.

My steps for this day is the highest I have measured - 12,547 steps (I have been working on getting above 5000).
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Wow, @hollyhock1009, that is TERRIFiC! What a great way to get lots of steps in...lilac gardens that run near hiking trails. 5 miles and 12,547 steps is a tremendous accomplishment! You should be very proud of your accomplishment… And we are very proud of you!
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Spent the day working in the restaurant but then went home and super cleaned by entire apartment. Also had the most steps in one day since I last climbed a mountain: 19,700 (8.8 miles)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Spent the day working in the restaurant but then went home and super cleaned by entire apartment. Also had the most steps in one day since I last climbed a mountain: 19,700 (8.8 miles)

Wow @meganepreston! You were on your feet all day at the restaurant and then you went home and super cleaned your entire apartment? That's an incredible amount of on your feet activity! Excellent job!

• jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Did more spring cleaning.