Hi...3 weeks post op.

KatJack71
KatJack71 Posts: 1 Member
I need some ideas for spacing out food and liquid so I can get enough calories everyday. Feels impossible ☹️

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    I would plan your meals on MFP - I usually have breakfast around 7/7:30, lunch around 12-1, and dinner close to 7. I also have snacks - around 10:30/11 and another between 2:30/3:30.

I am 5 weeks out tomorrow and still find I can't tolerate meat. Going to try a grilled burger (93/7 fat) for dinner tonight.

I have done either a hard boiled egg or Chobani simply yogurt and a protein bar for breakfast, cheese and/or fruit for a snack. Lunch tomorrow is going to be about 2-3 oz of salmon over 3 c lettuce and some lemon olive oil and cranberry orange balsamic vinegar and 2 TB crispy onions. Not sure I will be able to eat all of it bit gonna try.

Not sure what tomorrow's dinner will be. I tolerate fish and eggs well, just not other meats yet. I prefer protein bars to shakes now..I think being on a liquid diet for so long turned me off to them..lol.

Good luck to you!!! I use Skinnytaste and Emily Bites for a lot of recipe ideas as well as The World According to Eggface.

It is hard figuring out what to eat, but I think once I can tolerate more and get back to the gym it will get easier.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    @katjack71 What are your goals right now? At 3 weeks out they will vary widely surgeon to surgeon! Let us know what your nutritionist is requiring (soft foods, all foods, etc...and calorie/protein/carbs) and we can give more direct help!
  • DivineExquisite
    DivineExquisite Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm also 3 weeks out. Nice to meet you guys. 21 lbs down since surgery