05/23 Monday Day 23 SLBC

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
1oynypu9gtom.jpg

Sitting Less at Work 2

Because most of us spend a lot of time sitting at work, we are going to have a second daily challenge focused on reducing our work time sitting. For today's challenge, look for ways you can reduce your work time sitting. Maybe walk over and talk with a co-worker rather than sending them an email? Have a walking meeting? Use a restroom on a different floor or further away than the restroom you normally use? Take the stairs and not the elevator? There are lots of possibilities! What ways can you sit less at work?

Alternative Challenge:
You probably send and receive a lot of texts throughout the day. So for each text you get or send today, get up and walk for 30 seconds!

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Thanks Auna37, I think I can do this. I walked around the floor already this morning. I will try to get up more often today! Thanks for the challenge!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    The staircase at my work is right next to the ladies bathroom. Every time I visit the ladies bathroom, I am going to walk up and down the stairs twice. I'm going to keep my mind open to other opportunities to move throughout the day.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    While I cook I spread out all the things I use around all kitchen counters. That way I find myself walking all over the place.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Haven't been able to come up with a new way to sit less at work (I already do so many), but I CANNOT do the alternative challenge. I would never sit down lol. Let's just say I am always texting away on my phone during working hours (and while home).
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Haven't been able to come up with a new way to sit less at work (I already do so many), but I CANNOT do the alternative challenge. I would never sit down lol. Let's just say I am always texting away on my phone during working hours (and while home).

Just counted: 54 messages... and I walked for 30 minutes at lunch, so I guess I'm caught up. I'm putting my phone away now lol
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    My son graduated from college this morning. We had to walk a looooong way from parking space to our seats, pushing Grampa's wheelchair. Got in a lot of steps before having to sit. :smiley:
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Today was a day off for me, so I'm saving these ideas for tomorrow. I did get out for a couple of walks and some gardening while I had a chance, so very little sitting around today.
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    It's Victoria Day today so I enjoyed it with my family. Organized more, folded laundry, made dinner and sat outside in chairs that I couldn't sit in at all last year. Sooooooooo happy and proud.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Congrats @CherylPierce on your son's graduation and all the steps. @taxmom9093, good job staying active despite having a rest day. That's what it's all about! A rest day shouldn't mean sitting around all day. @jlperiard, Great job as well staying active and congrats on fitting into chairs that were too small last year. That's a visible huge sign of progress!