Group is getting Quiet...

2»

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    Don't stop this group...I love it! I am almost at a 30 lb loss since beginning this challenge! I don't know if I will get 55 lb lost by the end of August, but I think it is obtainable by the end of September.

Unfortunately, I believe the group is less active because members have fell out and quit holding themselves accountable. I can think of the numerous times I "started a diet" and gave up by the end of the week. Not anymore though! That mentality is gone!
    I think that is super important - we can't be 'starting a diet' - we have to be changing how we do things, permanently. And, I believe, to have success, we have to be ready to do it and want to do it, not feel like we have to, if that makes sense. Makes all the difference in the world.
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    So so true - this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. ❤️ I'm so glad you all are still here and that we're able to continue to motivate each other ❤️
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    I have been doing the yo-yo dance all summer. Vacations and birthday celebrations have been challenging. I am ready to get back on track. Is there another thread that is active?
  • rickc74
    Questions, struggles and progess has been a bit active, as well as the weekly weigh in thread.
    It's good to have another active poster in here :). Vacations/eating away from home make it tough for sure. Should get easier for everyone after summer...
  • Brittles927
    @Eava57 definitely come join us in the "Questions, struggles, Progress" Discussion and we've been posting our weekly weigh in in the Friday weigh in Discussion. Feel free to post in any thread or create one if you have a subject you'd like to discuss :)
  • rickc74
    It's getting quiet in here again. How is everyone's week going?
    My weight has been fluctuating up and down a bit this week, but down a pound from Friday as of this morning, so I'll take it.
    I'm still progressing in C25K. Finished week seven last night, it was three 25 minute runs. I did 4km last nite, my fastest pace yet (but not all that fast at 6:30/km). Week 8 starts tomorrow - three 28 minute runs.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    I've just been really busy with work and we are in the process of moving kids 'rooms around includung moving one downstairs. We have gone through so much stuff and have donated a lot of stuff. Almost done!
  • rickc74
    Sounds like a lot of work. Glad you are almost done at least :)
  • Brittles927
    Sorry I haven't posted much this week! Happy it's Friday and looking forward to the weekend!

@rickc74 that's really impressive! I'm so excited for you!
  • rickc74
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't posted much this week! Happy it's Friday and looking forward to the weekend!

@rickc74 that's really impressive! I'm so excited for you!

Thanks! Had my first incomplete run this morning. Got through 16 of the 28 minutes then packed it in. Way too hot, I was getting a bit dizzy and figured it was better to try again when it's cooler than to pass out on the trail. We have been under a heat advisory - I thought going in the morning and in the shade of the forest would make it doable. Nope. I'll try again either on the treadmill in the gym or when it cools down.
  • rickc74
    Redemption. Just banged out the run on the treadmill in the gym. Air conditioning FTW. Treadmill running is way easier than real running...lol.
  • Brittles927

Thanks! Had my first incomplete run this morning. Got through 16 of the 28 minutes then packed it in. Way too hot, I was getting a bit dizzy and figured it was better to try again when it's cooler than to pass out on the trail. We have been under a heat advisory - I thought going in the morning and in the shade of the forest would make it doable. Nope. I'll try again either on the treadmill in the gym or when it cools down. [/quote]

Don't blame you at all! We've been under a heat advisory as well so I've been doing a lot of pacing indoors haha, hopefully it cools down outside soon! Treadmill is probably your best bet for now :)
  • Brittles927
    Whoops I am doing this from my phone and didn't realize there was another page haha, glad you got your run in! Treadmill running is definitely better especially with AC :D
  • rickc74
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Whoops I am doing this from my phone and didn't realize there was another page haha, glad you got your run in! Treadmill running is definitely better especially with AC :D
    Easier with the AC for sure. Plus no hills and stuff, so an easy, steady pace.
  • rickc74
    Super quiet around here again. Hope everyone is having a good week.
    I finish my couch to 5k program tonight. It's my third 30 minute run. So far I've done one on a treadmill and one outdoors. Gonna finish off outdoors, and try to stretch it out a bit longer and do the full 5k. I eneded at 4.73k last time.
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    I guess I fell off the wagon! I am back in full swing this week though! Luckily, no weight gain while I slacked off. It has been a rough few weeks but I am not letting that be an excuse. Its amazing how much better I feel about myself when I am actually monitoring my caloriea and weight loss.

Great job yall for sticking to it and staying strong. I will participate in the very last Friday weigh in tomorrow! Hoping to see a loss from the 229 I started at on Monday!
  • rickc74
    Welcome back! I'm glad your break didn't take away from your progress :). I know what you mean about feeling better while sticking to the plan - this stuff is addictive!