What are your goals?

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
Hello ladies!
I am back on MyFitnessPal after 18 months (9 being pregnant and 9 postpartum)
I am starting slowly.
My goals are:
- try for 10 glasses of water a day
- workout... 3 per week at least 30 minutes
- Go for a quick walk each day even if it's only 10 minutes
- Lose 5 pounds

I have 15 pounds left of pregnancy weight. Then another 25 for a total of 40. But I am going to do small 5 pound increments, just telling myself that I need to lose 5 pounds, because it's less daunting, and sounds more do-able.

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love your 5 pound at a time goal!
    I'm just over a horrible number stone and 5 pounds will get me under it so that's something to aim for.
    I'm trying to walk every day. It helps that it also sends the baby to sleep 8 times out of ten!
    I'm also trying to do my mum and baby yoga DVD at least twice a week.
    I gave up crisps, bread and choc for lent and weight loss was easier so thinking of cutting them out again too.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :)

-First lose these last 8 lbs from the pregnancy by the end of summer, then another 5-7 lbs to get to ultimate goal weight of 115 by the end of the year
    -Return to pre-pregnancy exercise routine once cleared at check-up; 4-5 days a week
    -Try to get 10,000 steps 5 days a week
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kinda had a rough day today ! Fell off my no cookies, candy, or chips wagon and ate a ton of cookie dough !

My main goal is to lose 45-50lbs
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    4 kg or 9 pounds to be in healthy Bmi/prepregnancy weight, aiming for 10kg to lose ultimately. 5000 steps minimum per day. Clean eating-no sugars or salt except on very special occasions.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I love your goals. I am trying to make more of our own food. It is cheaper, and healthier. I am not saying I can never have a treat. I found that if I totally deprive myself of something, I end up craving it and having a binge later. I am trying to eat less chocolate and salty/processed snacks though. I found that if I measure out portions that helps. I bought the bag of individually wrapped chocolate, because then I can stick to one piece. I know a candy bar is cheaper, but I know that if the candy bar is open, it's just too easy for me to get another square!
  • ReneeHuffy
    ReneeHuffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal is lose a total of 30lbs. I'm trying to stay away from sugar and carbs/processed foods. I am also trying hard to drink 40-60oz a day of water! I'm trying to lose the weight in 10lb increments. I had my sone 9 months ago and he is my 2nd and I'm finding it so much harder to lose the weight this time!
  • MrsRandall081616
    MrsRandall081616 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is now 40 pounds. Seems every so often my goal creeps up a few more pounds though because I've gained a few more pounds. Cycle needs to stop. Grrrr....
  • MrsRandall081616
    MrsRandall081616 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like everyone's idea of setting small goals, like 5 or 10 pounds at a time. I am gonna copy your ideas....although my overall goal is 40.....I'm starting with goal of losing my first 5!
  • izbugz
    izbugz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey good luck! Looks like we have similer goals!
    mine are:
    - 30 mins step aerobics 6 days a week
    - 30 mins walk every day
    - 1 bar of chocolate a week or a pudding (this is the hardest one)
    - Eat lots of fruit and veggies