05/27 Friday Day 27 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
1oynypu9gtom.jpg

Sitting Less Through Social Media

As we've learned this month, sitting is a tough habit to change. Since the goal of the Sit Less Boot Camp is to help us sit less long after May is over, social media can help us keep our sit less goal a top priority. If you're on Facebook or Twitter, why not 'like' or 'follow” Quitting the Sitting's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/quittingthesitting) or Twitter feed? (@QuitTheSitting). New posts are added 2-3 times a week. No spam, just regular updates, helpful tips, and motivational quotes to inspire us to keep moving!

Alternative Challenge: If you have a treadmill in your home or at the gym, chances are you've used it to exercise. But the treadmill is also a great way to ditch the chair. Walking at a low speed of 1 to 2 MPH, you can read, watch TV or videos on your iPad, read books on your Kindle or Nook, or catch up on Facebook or Twitter. Lots of possibilities! Have fun!

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Great post. Liked the Facebook page.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great post Auna37! I will definitely like the Facebook page. I'm down 13.4 pounds now. Everyone have a great day!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks @prgirl39mfp and @betsym3 for liking and joining QTS's Facebook page. I will admit I am always trying to expand the reach of Quitting the Sitting. Facebook has been a great way to let people know why sitting is so bad, what they can do about it, and gently nudge them to be more active.

But it's more than that. Those of you who are still here in week 4 of Sit Less Boot Camp are clearly determined to make sitting less and moving more a permanent part of your life. And that's awesome! As Boot Camp draws to a close, liking our Facebook page will help you stay connected and help you keep sitting less as one of your top priorities.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    This has been a great reminder for me every day and I really appreciate the new ideas for getting off my couch and on my feet more. I'm still one of those oddities that isn't on facebook (yet), but this is an incentive to change that too. (As long as I spend my facebook time with the computer on the counter, not sitting on the couch of course)
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I liked the page, too. It will be nice to have this after this boot camp is over. Thank you!!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Thanks @taxmom9093, @HappyAnna2014, @CherylPierce, Sheila, and Sara Ellen! I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with you to through QTS's Facebook page!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,040 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the articles and infographics you share on the Quitting the Sitting Facebook page, and I love to quietly encourage friends and family to sit less by liking or commenting on your posts. :wink:
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have liked the Quitting the Sitting page on Facebook and I am going to get Dr. Michelle Sever's book that was mentioned there as well.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Thanks @77tes and @jlperiard ! Much appreciated!