What is motivating you?

Options
am_change
am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
Just wondered what other people's motivation is when they're tempted by the naughty food.

Firstly for me it's the superficial reasons. Yes, I'd like to look better and fit in nice clothes and not sigh when I look in the mirror and get changed 5 times before I'm happy with an outfit looking ok.

Mainly though now it's health and the responsibility of having a little one. Yes, I always knew that being overweight isn't healthy but now it seems more real if that makes sense. I don't want to ever get an illness or injury that could have been prevented by being at a healthy bmi.

I also can't believe how heavy my little one now is to carry-16lbs and I've already lost 30lbs and want to lose another 40. It's amazing to think how much that actually feels like. I'm carrying around an extra 3 of her all day no wonder I'm always tired!

Remembering all this makes me focus. That extra chocolate bar or packet of crisps aren't worth it! I want to lead a long healthy life with my baby and be a role model for her for leading a healthy lifestyle. We can do this!!! xx

Replies

• izbugz
    izbugz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    well done for loosing that 30lbs! how long did it take?
    im doing this for similer reasons, i want to feel confident again and spend more time with my little one outside of our flat.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've lost 57lbs since February and honestly my motivation is looking at pictures of where I was versus now- no "naughty food" is ever worth looking or feeling like that again. Progress photos are seriously so helpful for that purpose imo and will (hopefully!) carry me through the last 16lbs!

vozvje7z4vyx.jpg

In the beginning before I could use that I just told myself everyday I just needed to get through that day re: exercise and diet and that anyone can do anything for a day. The mind is fabulous thing!
  • am_change
    Options
    izbugz wrote: »
    well done for loosing that 30lbs! how long did it take?

Thanks! I first weighed again 2 weeks after little one was born so mid February was my starting weight and have lost 30 since then. I lost the first ten in the first two weeks so must still have been pregnancy fluid retention. Since then I've slowed to usually one or two pounds a week but as I'm breast feeding that's all I'm aiming for as don't want to mess up supply.

we can do this! Slow and steady and we'll get there! xx
  • am_change
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

vozvje7z4vyx.jpg

Wow you look amazing! I had a photo taken of me today that I hate and will keep looking back at to push me on! My husband keeps telling me off for not being in pictures with our baby so I agreed to this one today and it was hideous! I don't want to look back at these precious pictures in years to come and regret not being in any of them.

I was given a box of chocolates by a visitor today. They meant well but I'm going to chuck them away or give away tomorrow.

Thanks for the inspiration! If your mind can do it so can mine! You're right. One day at a time. Ha it's like getting through one more contraction or one more push and we survived that!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT of photos like that with my older two, it smarts seeing them for sure! Good for you for realizing you need to be in pictures with baby though because it really is important. Many pitched boxes of chocolates later you'll be so pleased with how you look in them!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My goal ultimately is Getting finally into size eight Australian clothes, size four American. I haven't been this size since being on mfp last time, a long time ago, not even for my wedding (though I still look good in size ten which is upper normal Bmi). Only three kg or seven pounds to go till healthy Bmi. My motivation...I want to be fit, not just skinny to be able to play with my son. Motivation is starting to wane even so close, been three months of hard work, so I'm aiming to do ten thousand steps each day for June so I can have the occasional weekend treat (one slice of pizza today). 12.5kg, or 27.5 pounds down so far....normal weight gain for a baby. Baby turns nine months old tomorrow.