newbie here..sleeved 6/26/13

Options
My dr upgraded my good stage to pureed stage 3
Im eating eggs, beans and cheese and tuna salad thats it...

protein shakes gross me out now

How in the heck do i consume 70 grams of protein a day...

What foods are you eating?

I miss veggies like cucumber and broccoli onions and garlic

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big sweet eater, so protein shakes and bars aren't really my thing either. Although if you look at my food log, you will see them listed, because I want that extra protein and they do come in handy when you just have to have something sweet. I also use the shakes when I want to really restrict my calories but still get that 70-80 grams of protein.

On the other hand, puree some chicken with a little fat free gravy (because you need the moisture this close to surgery), cottage cheese, greek yogurt (use the unflavored kind with some dry ranch dressing for a high protein veggie dip when you can eat raw veggies again) and get a good quality unflavored protein powder to add to anything that doesn't have enough protein on it's own.

GNC has a lot of protein infused stuff and might be a good source of help with boosting the protein in a good way. Also my doctor's office has a store where I can get all kinds of high protein stuff from the shakes, to bars, soups, and meals. I get my shake mix there, but frankly don't eat the rest of it anymore. After all, the goal is to be eating regular food at some point, just in healthier selections and portions. :smile:
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You will get there hon, just give it time. I'm not sure what you can have at this point, how about greek yogurt and/or cottage cheese? Those helped me. I did eat egg salad and tuna salad early on quite a bit and scrambled eggs with melted cheese. I don't mind the shakes, I still have one a day
    My dr upgraded my good stage to pureed stage 3
    Im eating eggs, beans and cheese and tuna salad thats it...

protein shakes gross me out now

How in the heck do i consume 70 grams of protein a day...

What foods are you eating?

I miss veggies like cucumber and broccoli onions and garlic