05/28 Saturday Day 28 SLBC

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
1oynypu9gtom.jpg

WEEKEND!

Enjoy your Saturday but please make it an active one. For many of us in the United States it's a 3 day weekend! What about a family walk in the park or a bike ride?

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Sounds like a great challenge! I hope to meet up with my daughter this weekend and go for a walk on a trail or somewhere. I'm hoping to start walking more in the evenings after work also, but I hope to make this a more active weekend. Maybe, my husband will do some walking with me too. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,349 Member
    I'll be doing my usual Saturday morning activities - farmers' market and Curves. Hopefully we will do something fun for our anniversary. I may also do some gardening, but we shall see about that.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    I'm on my way to visit my sister. It means 1 1/2 hours in the car, but we will have a picnic and photowalk when I get there. Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • CLivingstone05
    CLivingstone05 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2016
    Mind if I join in here? My first post in a long time, but what better than to start with a challenge. We are having record breaking heat wave this weekend up here in Canada. So hot, they have canceled 5k races so I will not be walking outside however this post has motivated me to grab my shoes (instead of sandals) & waterbottle and I'm off to the gym to walk the treadmill after my appointment.
  • CLivingstone05
    CLivingstone05 Posts: 12 Member
    Not only did I walk the treadmill for 20 minutes, I also ran for a minute - SO DAMN PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Not only did I walk the treadmill for 20 minutes, I also ran for a minute - SO DAMN PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!

That's terrific, @CLivingstone05 ! We are proud of you too! And welcome to the group. We are glad you're here!

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    At the theme parks!! 6hours of walking!!!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Hubby & I went for a leisurely walk after dining out to and from restaurant parking lot for approximately 90 minutes. We walked along the lake front and went to a local craft fair. It was very warm today, but still a nice time. Hope that everyone had a great day!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    I went to go out for groceries Sat. and my car started acting up when I turned it on - including check engine light. As mentioned by CLivingstone05, we are having a heatwave up here in Canada (Ont.) and so I was just going to stay in. But a bit later decided to just deal with it and I walked down to the local market and bought some nice veggies. 1 mile to go there and back, another mile doing a Leslie Sansone video in evening. Surprisingly (and nicely) part of my walk had a breeze.

(A friend wanted to get together Tues to walk. We normally go out to a park or trail. However with my possible car issues, we agreed to walk locally if need be.)
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    I went and got groceries and not my husband. He's been doing it for a long time and now I can do it. I folded lots of laundry today as well.