Support

Options
downritedetermined
downritedetermined Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Hi, my name is Yvonne. I'm from New Jersey. I'm 46 years old and I've lost 17 pounds so far using Fitness Pal. I love it. I'm looking for community support and other women going through these battles of every day living and getting fit and healthy. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
SW: 192
CW: 175
GW: 130

Replies

• fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi

Sw: 266
    Cw: 243.5
    GW: 154 (I think)

Doing well so far 22.5lbs in 52 days hopefully it can continue.
  • tadman662
    tadman662 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My stats are similar to yours. I will send a friend request!
  • pes2000us
    pes2000us Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Pat from AZ! Current loss this week 2.7#....only 124.8# left to go!
  • Rebeck82
    Rebeck82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm very frustrated right now. I know it's too soon to see any change, but the scale hasn't budged at all. I guess I don't have any water weight to lose. I'm excited to see everyone else's weight loss, because that gives me hope. I just have to keep trucking on. It is nice to see the estimation from MFP when I complete my food diary for the day and am under my goal.

I am trying not to get too hung up on what the scale says. I'm trying small things, like focusing on portion control, and substituting healthier things (mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes, spaghetti squash for pasta, etc.).

What keeps you ladies on track when it seems like nothing is working?
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Rebeck82 wrote: »
    I'm very frustrated right now. I know it's too soon to see any change, but the scale hasn't budged at all. I guess I don't have any water weight to lose. I'm excited to see everyone else's weight loss, because that gives me hope. I just have to keep trucking on. It is nice to see the estimation from MFP when I complete my food diary for the day and am under my goal.

I am trying not to get too hung up on what the scale says. I'm trying small things, like focusing on portion control, and substituting healthier things (mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes, spaghetti squash for pasta, etc.).

Honestly, I just keep plugging away. I know I'm logging correctly, I know I will eventually see it. This past couple of weeks has been tough because I had been hitting the gym really hard and it caused a 2+ lb gain (darn water retention). Now, I've got my TOM and the inevitable gain caused by that. It's enough to drive a girl crazy, but I keep reminding myself that I am accurately logging and I will lose the weight.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Rebeck82 wrote: »

what I have found is when I really want to lose weight I have to exercise and have 500 calories left over every day. Then i seem to drop weight. other wise I'm more in maintenance mode. Also see if your getting firmer and check your measurements. Sometimes I don't lose lbs I'm just losing inches. Slow and steady is the way to go. Stay positive.