Average burn - Average intake

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
The dashboard shows my average burn, but has a 0 next to average intake. I've been on the fitbit forum and know that it's been reported, but that forum is ridiculously confusing to navigate.

Does anyone know if and when this is going to be fixed?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I looked on the Fitbit forum about this, too, and also came away without an answer. I don't think they know when it'll be fixed. It really bugs me because I've been taking extra care to log my food as accurately as I can during May, so I can assess the accuracy of my Fitbit, but I need that Average Intake number. I think I'll have to download the data from May, import it into a spreadsheet and compute the number myself.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    yeah, this is a very important function for those of us watching our weight.

It would be nice to at least be given an estimate by fitbit of when they'll be fixing it, like in the next update or whatever.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I just emailed fitbit with a screenshot. I'll update when i get a reply..
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    UGH it seems like Fitbit has so many issues right now. I'm also tracking my rate of loss in May to figure out my TDEE as I transition into maintaince and tonight when I got my weekly Fitbit report my calories in were not accurate. In fact, when I looked at my daily average in MFP and multiplied by 7 days, the Fitbit report was over by 1,000 calories for my intake. I guess I'm just going to have to look at the weekly calories burned on the Fitbit report and use MFP for the intake until Fitbit fixes the problem with syncing intake from MFP.
  • NancyN795
    Options
    I suspect that the bug of Fitbit having too many calories in on your report is separate from the not showing average intake calories on the 30 day graph bug. So, it won't be fixed at the same time. The too many calories in thing has been going on for quite a while and is something you can fix (although not on the weekly report that you got). Just keep an eye on your calories in and if it doesn't match MFP's, go in and delete the extra meal summaries.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, that's a bummer that it won't be fixed anytime soon. I have noticed the duplicate meal entries for awhile now and erase the erroneous entries, but sometimes the bug is that Fitbit added additional calories to my meal instead of a duplicate entry. I've tried deleting all the entries with hope of a fresh accurate sync but I guess my plan didn't work :neutral:
  • NancyN795
    Options
    I don't know it won't be fixed anytime soon, I just suspect it won't because it has been around for a long time and isn't connected to the profile page bug that Christine was asking about. That bug is new and the folks at Fitbit know about it, but they're not being very forthcoming about when (or even whether) it will be fixed.