Diastasis Recti

Options
slf1983
slf1983 Posts: 31 Member
Hi mamas, does anyone have any exercise tips for working the stomach & abs whilst trying to heal diastasis recti? xx

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you have your baby? I was told that to start off with just gently squeezing your tummy muscles for ten seconds throughout the day helps, a bit like with pelvic floor muscles.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    It does depend on how old baby is and your doctor's recommendations based on how severe your DR is. My OB/GP is a hardcore athlete (mountain climbing, marathons, all the things haha) and advised once DD3 was six months old I could start doing standing ab exercises (standing twists, mountain climbers, etc.) and work into higher intensity pilates. I now do intermediate level pilates and my DR is healed :) . It was quite severe as well given I had three kids in three years. You can do it!
  • StarryJD
    StarryJD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pelvic floor tilts...of course depends how severe it is, as the other posters mentioned.
    I also have diastasis recti & am curious to hear how other mamas progressed through the recommended exercises. I only bothered to start exercises > 1 yr PP with my second (wasn't an issue with my first)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone YouTube walking. Easy workout. Works on stomach muscles
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There are some great online resources - check out fit2b.us and Katy Bowman's website nutritiousmovement.com/blog Some of the things at those website are for pay but I have never paid for anything and there are a lot of free resources. You can also find stuff on Youtube, just type diastasis exercises. I haven't been consistent enough to make a difference :neutral: