Prune in June

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
Seemed like a lot going on for everyone last month and starting to see some drop in participation. The idea of this months discussion title is to do what we can to cut away the extra stuff that's just bogging us down (sucking up time) and give the good stuff room to grow. We need to take a step back to be sure we're looking at the big picture and maybe it will hurt. Maybe there's something good, but it's moving toward the wrong direction so we need to cut it off to redirect it. Good luck this month to all, those with lots of time to get ready, those getting down to the wire, those just past the big day, and those coming back from post-wedding indulgences and getting back to a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• brisingr86
    Options
    Goals:
    - Make time to workout, even just some pushups and plank, 5x/week.
    - Get/stay under 150! Do not fall apart over vacation towards end of month.
    - Be kind (to myself, to my fiance, to those who want to help)

SW (May 26): 149.6
    W1 (June 2):
    W2 (June 9):
    W3 (June 16):
    W4 (June 23):
    W5 (June 30):
  • brisingr86
    Options
    W1 (June 2): 151.4
    W2 (June 9):
    W3 (June 16):
    W4 (June 23):
    W5 (June 30):

:-( Need to figure out how to find balance again. I'm doing well during the week w very low calories (~1000), but still obliterating progress over the weekend. I'm losing 5-6 lbs from Monday morning to Thursday (weekend water weight), but not making any progress because I sabotage myself during the weekend. Hope others are off to a good start to June.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My goals for JUNE:

1-Create a plan of exercise for the month that will incorporate 1025 minutes of movement SEPARATE from my normal movements.

2-Incorporate more smoothies into my menu plans.

3-Ramp up the water intake!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Wedding was fab, easing back into it this week!11apdmddwkll.jpg
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Don't know how to make them smaller, sorry! All the little touches came together, and the day was so amazing! I also felt amazing all holiday, and comfortable in my bikinis and clothing which was fab. It' s a bit of a come down coming home! and my eating hasn't been the best, not helped by random free Greek food which was delivered to our house!! Tomorrow I'm back at work, so hoping for some strong resolve!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    You look GORGEOUS! So glad that everything came together and your day was everything you wanted. Good luck getting back to healthy choices/lifestyle. You can totally do it.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    W1 (June 2): 151.4
    W2 (June 9): 151.0
    W3 (June 16):
    W4 (June 23): vacation-no scale for ~10 days
    W5 (June 30):

Not quite where I want to be, but at least in the right direction. Hoping I can keep it going. As usual, failing on my workouts, but trying to keep the diet moderated. Big test will be start of vacation next week. Wedding stuff seems to be going better; still lots of details to figure out , but things seem to be coming together.

Hope everyone's doing ok. Things have been a little slow here. :(
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Keep at it Sarah! I braved a weigh in today and I'm at 159, however, that was exactly as I expected after a week and a half of pasta and bread! Two days clean now, and hoping it comes off fast.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Beautiful-Beautiful Pics! Looks like a REALLY fun wedding too!

I'm startled :astonished: a bit now that tomorrow is my 3 months marker...
    my weight is up right now although TOM is here, but I don't know why I can't seem to wrap my head around getting serious??? eating like crap, not exercising as much as I should be??? just being a general slacker all around. ugh!

winding up for a swift kick to my own kiester!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    How's it going everyone!? I managed three good days the first week back, then two good days the week after. Had a word with myself this weekend and got back on track yesterday. Giving myself new mini goals! Everyone is a bit quiet, hope things aren't too stressful!
  • MsMarlaJean
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was thinking it was pretty quiet too...I also hope everyone is doing well and not too stressed out!

Mini Goals--Good for you! I hear you on "Had a word with myself" and I think I need to do that DAILY!

I'm slowly but surely getting back on track after work overload, stress and Cold sickies- :lol:

Sleeping better, starting to eat better and move more, drinking my 64oz a day, but still need to ramp that up a bit and cut back on the energy drinks. Also need to get a workout schedule in place, even if it gets altered I always seem to do better when I have a plan in calendar form.

Getting down to it on the wedding planning--81 days left.

*edited for spelling errors
  • brisingr86
    Options
    This seemed relevant htlo1se4sj4z.jpg
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Mini goals sound great Jools. Glad you're both getting back on track. Marla Jean, sorry to hear you were sick with the ickies again. Hopefully no more colds for a while (AFTER the wedding)!

Just got back from vacation and very little time on my computer. Vacation was good, but glad to be home. Up a few pounds, but given I wasn't counting at all and way too much junk food and soda, I'm actually quite pleased (I've been higher after a weekend splurge) and hoping a few days back on track will bring it back to where it started before vacation.

Coming up on the 1 month mark. Mostly down to details. Deadline for RSVPs is Wednesday and we're at about 50% have responded. A little frustrated, but not shocked. Trying to get bridesmaid gifts figured out. Does anyone have suggestions on gifts for parents? This month is going to be a whirlwind. :o
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    Glad you had a Good Vacay AND managed to stay within a few pounds gain, that will come off lickity Split! YAY! ONE MONTH! :open_mouth: WOW! I hadn't even thought about parents gifts...YIKES! I was going to get some specialty corsages from Hawaii for the Mother's...does that count? :lol:

Hope your whirlwind month goes as smoothly as can be expected!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    I was debating about just saying we'll give them wedding albums (we're just getting USB with pics from photographer and then will go through Snapfish or similar online vendor to make albums so can fully customize) or make some other photo book (may be late to have it by wedding) that's more focused on us individually growing up with our families and then pics later of us as the extended family to the wedding. Not sure if that's kind of egotistical. Maybe just gift card/groupon for nice dinner...

Any ladies post-wedding have tips? Did you do parent gifts? I thought I read somewhere they're typical, but maybe not really or more dependent on how much parents contributed to cost of wedding. i.e., if parents paid for the wedding, get them a thank you gift, if couple paid for wedding, not really necessary?
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We did flowers and necklaces for the Mums and engraved whisky bottles for the Dads xxx