A page from my journal- hope no one minds.

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
It really helps me to share, so I hope no one minds these!!

After being back for 10 days, I feel more in control. I joined a challenge on MFP to lose 100lbs in 15 months.... which is a spin off of the 78lbs in 12 months in my WW group. Difference being 1.5 lbs a week for 15 months vs 1.5 lbs a week for a year. I've also found a young woman named Sherry. Sherry lives 10 minutes from me. Sherry offered to begin a walking routine with me after surgery. I so appreciated this... you just have no idea..... My 2- BFF's both saying walking with me is beyond them since they are smaller and walk faster. Sherry is also trying to go low carb and I have several low carb cookbooks that I'll be sharing with her.

In addition, I feel a lot stronger this week and able to speak up when people are being rude to me. Be it comments, looks, giggles, stares..... whatever it is! I know I am better than their negativity. Regardless of my weight, I deserve to be treated with respect. I will no longer disrespect myself or allow others to do so. Regardless of how they attempt to disrespect me. NO MORE AT ALL!!!!!

Replies

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Great Share :)
    People are rude to me too and I think they are scum of the earth with no right to exist. I may be just a little bitter ;) Honestly though I have no idea why people do that. Whatever the reason they are more screwed up than I could ever be so only deserve pity.
    Great that you have found someone to go walking with. I really find walking is a great thing to do.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks OW. I don't feel they deserve anything. Might be my skewed sense of their self worth.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your journal page, and I'm glad you're feeling empowered. Good for you for standing up for yourself! No one has the right to disrespect you. Keep on keeping on, Cari. Best, Birgit