Myths...defied!!!!! 7/9

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Oh this is fun to read! Which one do you think most changed your thought process or you still unsure about.
You see apart of the CHALLENGE of health and fitness is educating yourself. Deciphering what is true and what is false and just a money maker for the industry.

READ: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/fitness-myths/2013/05/28/28c04d6a-bf25-11e2-9b09-1638acc3942e_story.html?wpisrc=nl_health

WW

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What a good article - so much commen sense yet we always forget it!!!!!!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Good article, but I have to say that #1, while probably true, is hard to swallow, especially when you've been working so hard and to see that number go up in bulk (excuse the pun.) I have been working out, following food plan after food plan on here (I usually give them three months since I know it can take a while for the food plan to kick in) and yesterday, I go to the doctor and learn that in the last 3 months, I've gained 10 lbs and am now 3 lbs away from my highest weight, which means that since I've been exercising and eating "right" over the past year and a half, I have gained back 37 lbs, I am REALLY hard pressed (again, excuse the pun) to believe that it's all muscle, especially since I went back up a size in clothing
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great article, thanks! There are a few on that list that I still struggle with, but the number on the scale is the one I most struggle with. Especially when my company uses our weight and height as a factor for our health insurance incentives.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,475 Member
    Options
    The scale is my biggest friend/enemy...there's a true love/hate relationship going on. I have two scales next to each other in the b'room. I step on them one after the other...just to make sure one of them isn't lying to me. The number goes up and it's muscle...down and it's fat...or too much salt...or...

Yesterday was our 30th wedding anniversary. Dinner was great and dessert was fabulous!

Must exercise now...bwahahahah!

Chris
  • PatchesBeHealthy
    PatchesBeHealthy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well I read this and it seems true.I will have to keep working though... And just so ya know i am new to the group... so you will be seeing me alot!! :)