Supplements/Medication for Insulin Resistance

Options
alikona22
alikona22 Posts: 56 Member
Hi everyone,

New to this board. Had previously been on another PCOS board but it fizzled out. I have done a lot of research on different medications for PCOS to improve insulin-sensitivity and lose weight. I've tried myo-inositol, d-chiro inositol, NAC. I haven't had any major success. I have an appointment in 3 weeks to go see and endocrinologist and discuss going on Metformin. One of my friends went on it and her doctor also prescribed an appetite suppressant and that was what helped her to finally lose weight. Anyone else take supplements or medications to address insulin resistance?

Replies

• ameliagomes25
    ameliagomes25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I've been struggling with PCOS since my early 20s. I jumped from 135 lbs at 19 to 216 lbs at 24 (last March 2016).

I went to a Naturopath to address my Hypothyroidism and PCOS and weight loss. She put me on Magnesium, Thyroid Pro, Inositol Sap and drastically lowered my carb intake.

I had blood test results from earlier this year which showed really high insulin levels, and really inactive Thyroid.

I had a blood last week and my insulin levels dropped to a healthy level and my thyroid improved a lot.

Focus on your diet and I am sure you will see your insulin levels change as well. I've lost 24 lbs from April. I've cut out white rice, white bread, sugar and coffee. I've been trying to achieve 40% Protein, 35% fats and 25% carbs in my diet.

Hope this helps. :smile: