Now ... is a luxury

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
I am just wondering... is there anything that most people consider routine that you now would consider as spoiling yourself, or a luxury now that you have a baby (babies)?

For me it's taking a bath and shaving. Normally all I have time for is a 5 minute shower. I have never really enjoyed shaving, but I feel so good afterwards, to be clean and have smooth legs.

What do you do that most people would consider normal, but is now pampering yourself?

Replies

• Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Or sleeping in! Sleeping in past 6:45 doesn't really happen too much any more. :)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Getting out to meet people
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Exercising. I almost feel guilty doing it because it is my "me" time. Also, sitting down to eat without a kid on me
  • kristen_bures
    kristen_bures Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Putting on makeup and doing my hair. I used to do it everyday before my baby came around.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ditto on exercise and showering. And doing my hair - like really doing it, curling it, styling it. Even when I'm away for work, I'm so exhausted I'm just as unput together. I got my hair cut so I'd be forced to style it - but not short enough because I can still put it in a ponytail!
  • bwendel5210
    bwendel5210 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    all of the above - a shower that's more than 5 minutes, doing hair & makeup (even for work), and exercising. I haven't done anything other than walk the dogs since July 7, 2015. I went into the hospital the next day. I just can't put him in the gym daycare after he's already been in daycare for 10 hours during the day. Hubby bought me a TRX for my birthday and I'm excited to use it.