What's your favorite running accessory?

Options
7lenny7
7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
Not including your shoes, what's your favorite running accessory? Your GPS? hat? shoelaces?

I'll tell you mine after I see what others bring up. My favorite accessory is actually something I don't take along on a run.

Replies

• TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    my blue tooth headphones
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My iPhone 6 (with Strava on it) that I can use to take photos.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    currently it's a toss up between my Smartwool Phd Elite light socks or my Brooks Sherpa shorts. Love both.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Like @ MobyCarp I can't really pick one , Shoes? Smart Wool socks, Reflective Gear & Headlamp, Tech T's. Then I realized without this one all important piece of kit I would never want to put on the shoes. Saxx Compression undergarment. No Runners Friction Burns on the sensitive parts !!!!! o:) They are for men what a good Sports Bra is to the ladies.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Favorite is probably my new Garmin GPS watch, but I'm a big fan of my flip belt. I can stuff whatever I need in there and it doesn't annoy me to wear. I'm going to have to switch to a hydration belt though with needing to carry more water for the summer as I run more.
  • kimikoepp
    kimikoepp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Garmin GPS watch. It's almost an antique now (probably bought it 10+ years ago) but it still works great.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I can't choose. First thing I bought was a FlipBelt and haven't stopped using it for almost 2 years now. Second thing I bought was a bluetooth ear piece. I use it less now because I've learned to run without music but still highly recommend. Just got my Garmin Vivoactive in December and that's a definite keeper after all the GPS problems on my phone. Those are my top 3. I could live without a hat, water bottle, EnduraCool towel. But they're nice to have around :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Body glide!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Hey @greenolivetree, does the Flip Belt get hot? I have a Tube belt, and it's nice and all, but hot! Er, maybe it's just hot out.....
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    I do okay with the FlipBelt in the heat but it does get awful sweaty! I don't notice until I take it off that it's heavier than it was before. LOL I can see where it could be bothersome for some. But it's only really hot here like 3 months of the year so overall I think it's a great product. My husband would throw a hissy fit if I didn't carry my phone so it's a must for me. I don't notice it FEELS hot while I'm wearing it. But geez, I'm so stinkin' hot all over, I really wouldn't notice!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    CAN'T pick just one!

my bondibands <3

my polar heart rate watch <3

my spibelt [which holds my phone] <3

my plantronics backbeat fit headphones <3

my HIIT interval app [I can listen to my music and it does 3 second ticks then says GO and same for REST and you can set the work time and rest times and number of sets]

SPOTIFY ... I dig the spring run playlist right now
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I do okay with the FlipBelt in the heat but it does get awful sweaty! I don't notice until I take it off that it's heavier than it was before. LOL I can see where it could be bothersome for some. But it's only really hot here like 3 months of the year so overall I think it's a great product. My husband would throw a hissy fit if I didn't carry my phone so it's a must for me. I don't notice it FEELS hot while I'm wearing it. But geez, I'm so stinkin' hot all over, I really wouldn't notice!

Good to know. I do forget about it until I take my shorts off. I refuse to carry my phone. Work calls or DH calls or wrong numbers call..... :grimace:

DH suggested take it and set to do not interrupt. But then I'd stop and take pics, or wanna chat with my MFP group while running....

It's hot here ~April-->~October.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin watch (a 220). I virtually never run without it.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Compression shirt. :blush: Then Injinji midweight socks. :smile: Then my Garmin watch (630). :wink:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    body glide

i like my running belt too. lots of pockets and no chafing
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    @7lenny7 left us hanging! What is it man?! Something you don't take along...... Only running stuff I don't take with me would be foam roller and massage stick. Come on, the suspense is killing me....
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok...

My favorite running accessory is a 40 ounce stainless steel insulated bottle. The one I have is a Fifty/Fifty bottle but I think the HydroFlask is a more popular manufacturer.

Why do I love this? I love having COLD water at the end of a run. I can take this bottle, fill it with ice, then water, bring it to work, leave it in my truck all day long parked in the sun on a hot summer day, windows up, stop on the way home, run for an hour or two, and come back to a bottle of ice water with plenty of ice left in it. I'm amazed at how long the ice lasts in it.

Not only do I get the ice cold water after a run, but having this in my truck on a regular basis means I'm hydrating more throughout the day as I drive. Is it strictly a running accessory? No, but after a run is when I most appreciate having it.

This is a stock photo, but it's the same as mine, except I bought a HydroFlask flip-up top with an internal straw to make it easier to drink from when I'm driving. They're pricey, but worth every penny if you like cold water. Costco sells a 2-pack but from a different manufacturer.

690i8gnoxcle.jpg
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    That's awesome! Hydration is so important :D
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Favorite is probably my new Garmin GPS watch, but I'm a big fan of my flip belt. I can stuff whatever I need in there and it doesn't annoy me to wear. I'm going to have to switch to a hydration belt though with needing to carry more water for the summer as I run more.

Did you know that you can get water bottles for your flip belt?