New to WLS journey - surgery sometime in August

rmuse1989
rmuse1989 Posts: 1 Member
Hello all. I'm just starting the journey to surgery with it being scheduled sometime in August. Any tidbits or help would be great.

Seems like I've tried every diet out there in my life. 45 years old currently sitting about 270 @ 5'1. I'm very active and frustrated that the weight goes nowhere.....

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    @rmuse1989 that's how I felt! No matter what "diet" I tried it got to the point that nothing moved, even when I did! Believe me, this did it! I started my journey in August, surgery in October. I'm down a total of 135lbs. I'm 41 and weigh less than I did at 14. It's been a crazy ride!

This group isn't the most active, and there's TONS of information in the old threads. Give them a read! If there are specific questions that come up, please don't hesitate to ask! I'm around Mon-Thurs 7am-2pm Central (my work hours), if you NEED something, send me a private message and I check any time I'm not glued to my computer, lol!

The girls in here that ARE active are fantastic! We're all very supportive, and on a great path! Good luck in your journey and feel free to friend me, just put "WLS" in a message so I remember. :smile:
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    @rmuse1989 - also 41 years old and had the same issue. Worked out like crazy, did WW and nada until now. I had started the journey in Nov and had surgery April 18th. Down 51 lbs and feel awesome. My bariatrician told me. It to eat a carb without a protein, and limit myself to 1, 2 fruits a day max due to high carb and sugar content. That made a massive impact for me!
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    Hi! I am 39 and also the same issue. I was sleeved on 4/18 and I am down 45lbs. I have been lucky that it was fairly simple, and not a lot of issues. Feeling good! Welcome and good luck!