Where do I log my calories burned by exercise?

Options
ladybug4233
ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
I have a fitbit. But when I work out I take it off and wear a heart rate monitor for the most accurate information. I work out 6 days a week. I do cardio every day and weights twice a week. Should I log the workout in myfitnesspal or fitbit?

Thanks for the help,
Candie

I forgot to mention that I usually do the elliptical or bike for cardio.

Replies

• SiegaPlays
    SiegaPlays Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, logging the exercise in Fitbit and the food/drinks in MyFitnessPal is the right way to go, when you connect the two.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, log the exercise in Fitbit. You probably don't have to take off your Fitbit when you work out. You can go ahead and wear it but then manually log the exercise using the data from your chest strap monitor if you want. It will over-write the Fitbit calorie data from that time, but I think you'll still get credit for the steps detected.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. But when I work out I take it off and wear a heart rate monitor for the most accurate information. I work out 6 days a week. I do cardio every day and weights twice a week. Should I log the workout in myfitnesspal or fitbit?

Thanks for the help,
    Candie

I forgot to mention that I usually do the elliptical or bike for cardio.

Just so you know - HRM calorie burn formula is most inaccurate for weights - as it's exactly opposite the type of exercise the formula was intended for.

Better to manually log that for database in Fitbit, depending on Weights or Circuit training style.

Then again - if a mere 10-15 min - the inaccuracies probably aren't that great. 45-60 min though - yeah.