Growth spurts

Options
lauraaleshire
lauraaleshire Posts: 15 Member
What did you typically gain from week to week and we're there any times the amount gained from one week to another increased?

Replies

• mcfattest
    mcfattest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 18 weeks now and I may be going through a growth spurt judging by my ravenous appetite. The past month I gained 10 lbs
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I gain about 2 lbs a month so far and I am 17 weeks.
  • mcfattest
    mcfattest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    mcfattest wrote: »
    I am 18 weeks now and I may be going through a growth spurt judging by my ravenous appetite. The past month I gained 10 lbs
    mcfattest wrote: »

Forgot to say that prior to this month I have actually lost weight so overall I am about 4 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant. Scary gains nonetheless, being 5'2" any weight gain really shows! I have started to work out 4-5 times a week too in the second trimester, 1st trimester I had no energy and lots of nausea. Anyhow, trying to stay healthy while containing my crazy gain pattern now. Wish me luck
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I sometimes can gain 2 pounds in a week, and almost nothing the next. I suspect some of it is just water retention or bloating. I was 144 last week and now I am 143.8 (I'm 31 weeks).
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have found I definitely gain in spurts - for example last month I didn't gain anything and then this month I gained 7lbs. It definitely freaks me out! I also gain water weight super quickly, like I'll gain 4lbs in a day and then it will go back down
  • lauraaleshire
    lauraaleshire Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I didn't gain for a couple weeks then gained almost three pounds! Not sure if my scale is wonky or if that's just the way it went down, but needless to say it freaked me out just a bit.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think that is pretty common, I certainly have. I noticed a massive growth spurt around week 28-30 when I was just hungry all the time, and kept eating and eating. Just go with it, your body will tell you what you need.