What's the community about?

Options
stroutman81
stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
HERE’S HOW WE CAN HELP YOU

We’re a community for awesome people to come together and work toward a common goal. This goal is the realistic integration of fitness into our lives and becoming the best version of ourselves. If you really think about it – for the most part – you already know what to do when it comes to exercise and nutrition. There’s an endless pit of information at your fingertips. Plus, it’s really not all that hard… this exercise and nutrition stuff really boils down to a handful of core tenets that pretty much everyone already knows about.

Where things get murky, however, is when it comes to the whole “getting yourself to actually execute on the regular.” We all walk our own paths. We need to take responsibility for our choices – there’s no denying it. But most of us commit to this responsibility only to see it fall by the wayside a short time later. Sure, some progress is made. By and large, though, we’re really good at making progress and pretty terrible at holding onto it.

This elusiveness stems from a number of things, including:

• Unrealistic expectations
  • An outcome focus
  • Unfit programming
  • Weak support system
  • Elimination dieting, deprivation, and binging
  • Exercise routine confusion
  • Competing goals
  • Diluted motivation
  • Cluttered thinking
  • The shady hucksters spewing nonsense in the fitness industry
  • Busy lives

On and on it goes. For most people, even with the best of intentions, they simply can’t get themselves to execute regularly. Does this sound familiar? Maybe you vow to avoid bingeing on chips next weekend. Maybe you promise yourself that you’re going to fit all your exercise sessions in during the coming month. Whatever it is, you want to commit to something in the future that’s purportedly going to improve your life.

But what about right now? Commitment isn’t so easy when life gets in the way. A birthday party pops up. A work dinner or maybe a business trip. An injury. A cold. A chaotic week prevents you from planning your meals. A tornado hits your house. I’ve seen it all.

No matter how committed you are to your plans – it doesn’t take a tornado. They can fly out the window with the slightest of breezes. And when they do, you wind up defaulting to your ordinary behavior. Yep, that same behavior that led you to the place you weren’t happy with initially.

ENTER THE MY BEST ME CHANGE COMMUNITY

If we’re pretty good at temporary success on our own, maybe by coming together in a supportive community such as this we shift that temporariness to permanentness. We create momentum together. We create synergy together.

I have coached hundreds of people at this point in my career. This coaching has been one-on-one in nature – a concealed unit of two. Through all the information sharing, experimentation, and trials and tribulations… true gold is mined along the way as these coach/client relationships unfold. Clients learning something life-altering about themselves, figuring out a hack that helps them stay on course, applicable mindset tricks, what earbuds work best for the gym, tasty recipes, better self-talk tricks, journaling exercises, etc.

What if we opened things up and made a sharing platform where these amazing nuggets could be passed across a collective of like minded and supportive people who are all out to be better?

And so the MBM Community was born.

It is my opinion that community has the power to sway people into commitment when that breeze comes blowing for their plans. Rather than worrying about where you’re heading, the community can help remind you where you are and what you can do right now – no matter how small – to honor yourself and your goals.

Now it’s a given that all of us have a very unique story. There are sure to be unique training histories, food experiences, injury histories, personalities, goals, and motivations. But again… we’re all walking this path together under the umbrella of personal growth.

Rather than viewing ourselves as fixed entities forced to go through life as is, we embrace the idea that we’re malleable. We can grow. We can evolve. Life around us isn’t a challenge. It’s an opportunity. We use this opportunity for experimentation. Life – each and every day – is our lab. We look at each moment opportunistically to learn a little bit more about ourselves. It’s not about good or bad, pass or fail. It’s about tiny choices and a nonlinear process.

Sure, we’ve all got an idealistic outcome we’d like to obtain. And impressive results are likely if we work together. In reality though, the outcome is an afterthought of this community. What we focus on is finding ways to enjoy this process and to live in the moment. It’s not about being perfect. It’s about being Now and committing to living a values-based life and honoring the person you’re striving to be – no matter how minuscule the choice is that you’re making.

I was just about to watch Netflix. If I’m being honest with myself, I didn’t do much for myself as far as personal growth goes today. I could impulsively watch Netflix. Afterwords I’d likely feel a bit of guilt. I’d then go to sleep as it’s already 10pm as I type this. I’d wake up tomorrow morning bright and early and feel a tiny sense of frustration and pressure since I didn’t really do much the day before to honor my goals.

Or…

I could interrupt the impulsivity for a moment. I could simply ask myself, “Wouldn’t I feel a whole lot better if I spent 15 minutes writing out my workout for tomorrow and logging some stuff in my journal?” And presto, another tiny layer of change is put down. Remember, any given outcome is merely the sum total of a lot of tiny little choice.

Really tiny! Right?

That’s the name of the game. And it’s keeping this perspective and coming together to empower and promote consistency that I think the this community can help you with. We build momentum through building a better mindset and pairing this mindset with well-reasoned, objective advice.

WHAT WE ARE ABOUT

Remember, by joining us your’e committing to being a self-experimenter. Your life is a journey. Not a sentence. This is a place where you can feel comfortable asking for help, sharing knowledge and experience, and helping others.

The BI Change Community is where students of life and fitness learn to be the best versions of themselves.

We’re all rocking our own fitness programs, diets, and journeys. This community will be the team behind the scenes. Need a pep talk… no problem. Need to reframe a particular perception or belief… we’re here for you. Have a question about your current exercise program… let’s troubleshoot it together. Want an idea of what your next target habit should be and how to best apply it to your life? Let’s flesh it out together.

In order for this to work for you, all ya have to do is show up and participate. I promise, the juice is worth the squeeze. Don’t be shy. Let’s walk this path together.

The group of people you associate most with tend to have a massive impact on your life. Often times your group “just happens.” It’s not by design. And that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But we’re a deliberate group. There is power in our numbers. Literally, the more like minded people joining our community, the greater our success will be. There will be more innovation, more support, more education, and more synergy.

You have a story. Together we have a novel

For a community like this to work, we all must abide by some rules:

Show up.

Be nice.

Support one another.

Don’t make anyone feel stupid.

Ask questions – there are no dumb ones.

Anyone is welcome as long as they’re not *kitten* and they’re down with connecting to this common mission of self betterment.

Try to post something daily – either by starting a conversation or joining in on an existing one.

Think there should be more rules? Chime in and let me know. This isn’t a dictatorship.

Have fun and embrace change.

Thanks,

Steve