Rededicating myself

Options
I admit it, I've been lazy. No, not just lazy; laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzyyy.

I've kept keto, but stopped tracking and cooking my meals, going for easy hotdogs or jerky, or almonds. I've let up on the spinach and broccoli, and have had too many breves. And shocker of shocker, I've plateaued. 6 weeks of hovering around 190-195 lbs. And then, I broke down and binged on ice-cream sandwiches, hawaiian bbq pizza, and cheerios over a weekend. Whoosh! up to 199 lbs. It's taken me a week to come back down to 190, but back I am.

I noticed that the days I get enough water, the fat melts off: upwards of a pound a day. Days I forget, nope, not going anywhere.

So here I am, tail between legs, water bottle full, MFP tracker updated, and a recipe to cook tonight.

Wish me luck.

Replies

• bwhite0425
    bwhite0425 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think we all sometimes get a little lazy, I know that I certainly have here and now!

What's great is that you recognize that and after your binge you were able to buckle down and lose that 9 pounds. That's incredible! Thank yourself for having the self-control and dedication to do that!

You can do it! Water! Water! Water!! Mio (although a processed food) has helped me tremendously in reaching my water goals! That, or even placing ice cubes in my water makes me crave it that much more because it's colder and makes it tastes so much better and makes it that much more refreshing!

So *lifts up water jug* here's to you and your future and past success! You can do it!
  • helloexclamation
    helloexclamation Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I totally get that! I am starting keto again after a year of being scared honestly. Excited though now :D
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I've been lazy. No, not just lazy; laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzyyy.

I've kept keto, but stopped tracking and cooking my meals, going for easy hotdogs or jerky, or almonds. I've let up on the spinach and broccoli, and have had too many breves. And shocker of shocker, I've plateaued. 6 weeks of hovering around 190-195 lbs. And then, I broke down and binged on ice-cream sandwiches, hawaiian bbq pizza, and cheerios over a weekend. Whoosh! up to 199 lbs. It's taken me a week to come back down to 190, but back I am.

I noticed that the days I get enough water, the fat melts off: upwards of a pound a day. Days I forget, nope, not going anywhere.

So here I am, tail between legs, water bottle full, MFP tracker updated, and a recipe to cook tonight.

Wish me luck.

Hang in there - you know you can do it!
  • emmyloses
    emmyloses Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm recommitting myself. I've been lazy with the Keto-ing. Going to track and not cheat for at least 2 weeks. I would love to say that I won't cheat for even a month but I know myself. After awhile I just cannot go any further without ice cream, chips, or a slice of pizza. It's all about keeping yourself sane. I'd rather slowly but surly get my goal than go hard and fast which leads to falling off all together. Common, let's do this!