Newbie gains - do they come back?

Options
Mouse_Potato
Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
Hello, ladies

This may seem like a dumb question, but humor me. :) I know you get newbie gains when you first start lifting. If you stop long enough to lose them, do they come back when you start again?

I've had to take extended breaks twice now and each time when I come back my weight loss stalls for about 6 weeks and then resumes its normal pace. Meanwhile, my body changes visibly, much to my delight. Just curious what is going on here (and hoping I haven't started sleep eating)!

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i've done quite a few total resets, because up around certain plateaus for every lift there's always some weak point that sends me back down to the start.

so to answer your question: yes, for me progress back up has always been pretty quick - IF i sort out whatever it was that sent me back down.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. It's not too hard to figure out what sent me down. I was in a cast for 19 weeks! I just didn't quite understand the 6 week stall coupled with obvious changes in my body. And I mean very obvious. People who don't even know what I've been doing comment that it's clear I've been working out.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    And I mean very obvious. People who don't even know what I've been doing comment that it's clear I've been working out.

i can see how you'd want to get that back as quick as you can. in my experience progress has always been pretty quick after resetting. only thing to watch for is, ime you get the newbie doms too ;)