06/11 Saturday Day 395 Kamehameha day!

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
No this isn’t a day to celebrate the day the Goku taught himself the kamehameha wave....(Sorry to those who don’t get the reference it is a Dragon Ball Z joke..) Today is the day is in honor of Kamehameha the Great! Kamehameha the Great, also known as Kamehameha I and Kamehameha the First, was ruler of Hawaii from 1782 until his death on May 8, 1819. He is remembered for uniting Hawaii, introducing laws to uphold human rights in combat situations, and for being a fair and stable leader. His name means "lonely" or "loneliness" and he is sometimes known as the "Napoleon of the Pacific".

Seems like a sad day but he was a pretty cool dude! So we are goin Hawaiian today!

Today’s Challenge: Learn the hula!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qO10aSsWSU

Have fun!

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, Auna! Love it!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    How fun! I'll throw a in little hula before I go to my granddaughters' ballet recital which is followed by their volleyball playoffs. It will be an active day for the girls. I hope I can make it active for myself as well.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'll try it! I've never known how they do the Hula dance. Sounds like fun!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This was fun.

Thanks Auna, you have such interesting challenges!
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hula is always fun to do and each movement means something! But I always have to watch lilo and stitch after doing this.