Lady C (late to join, but glad to have support on the journey)

Options
ladycclear
ladycclear Posts: 50 Member
Hi group. I'm Carrie, I'm joining your challenge. Better late than never.
I re-started MFP on January 1, 2015 and am still going strong.
At my highest weight I was over 225; January 1 I was 201; today, it's june, and I'm delighted to be in the 160s, with my first "goal" at 150, the top of "healthy weight" BMI for my height. I'll reassess numbers after I see 150.

Change is amazing and I couldn't have done it without support and tools here.
I'm mindful and accountable and aiming for health and nutrition. I'm treating my human body better than I ever have and lots of good follows.

Cheers! I'll start joining on weigh-ins. I need to refocus because I've been over-indulging lately. The scale disappoints me because it has slowed the pace of decline, and I've made bad food choices a few more days than I want to admit. I need to remember that chocolate and alcohol are treats; they are not everyday entitlements. Old habits never die, so I have to be aware and mindful. I control what goes in my mouth.
Here's to progress.
Believe. Just be, and live the life you think you'll live when you are at goal weight.

Thanks for your support. We're all in this together.

Replies

• JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carrie! Congratulations on the milestones you have accomplished thus far! Summer is starting in full swing and It can be challenging to not go overboard with all the increased events summer brings. But then again so does the holiday season, football season, birthdays, travel and life. Sounds like you have a great mind-set with the focus of health and treating yourself right. :)
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Carrie....welcome to the group and congratulation on your progress so far. We are a little light in member this summer but glad to have another. Alcohol is creeping back on me also. I had a beautiful dark beer last night and the night before....uggghh....
  • ladycclear
    Options
    emshields1 wrote: »
    Carrie....welcome to the group and congratulation on your progress so far. We are a little light in member this summer but glad to have another. Alcohol is creeping back on me also. I had a beautiful dark beer last night and the night before....uggghh....

Beer is good for the soul. I'll never be like Carrie Nation, a woman who detested alcohol so much she took a hachet or axe to bars, but I will remember moderation. It's a lifestyle change, but I can still binge drink when the mode strikes me. A little drunk is re-juvenating now and then. Lol

Thanks for welcoming me to the group. Cheers. (I'm having a run cocktail right now. I've logged out honestly.) :smile:
  • ladycclear
    Options
    JBsJazz wrote: »
    Welcome Carrie! Congratulations on the milestones you have accomplished thus far! Summer is starting in full swing and It can be challenging to not go overboard with all the increased events summer brings. But then again so does the holiday season, football season, birthdays, travel and life. Sounds like you have a great mind-set with the focus of health and treating yourself right. :)

So true that every event holds a challenge for sticking to it, but I'm giving myself some freedom to settle in to my new weight this month. I just had my 40th birthday spectacular celebration vacation, and I'll get back to more happy routine after this weekend. Cheers and thanks for the welcome. Mao poppow!
  • ladycclear
    Options
    I'll be weighing in on Sunday. I bet it's a gain, but I'm not judging myself. I'm happy with most of my choices of what to put in my pie hole. :)
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow 40th milestone....Happy Birthday. How did the weigh in go? How are you feeling about it this week?
  • ladycclear
    Options
    It was a sobering scale meeting. Gains. I'm glad I took the break from logging and following my food rules, but I'm glad to have healthy habits to get back into. Cheers. I'll post a weigh in soon.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I know you're in gadget tune-out time, and I do imagine you recentering in your process. Hopefully, we'll see you here soon!