Starting to get back to some serious/fun weight loss

Options
Aesop101
Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
I'm 62 year old male. Been at this for a while but have fallen off the wagon since starting a new job. Quit smoke a while back and 41 days ago quit drinking diet drinks. I have to say I feel pretty darn good. Yet there's so much to do. I need lose around 140 lbs. So I hope to get and give inspiration. Thanks for having me.

Replies

• Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group and lets do this!
  • lilthings1
    lilthings1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am not getting back to weight lose. I never had a problem weight, I was always skinny. I have been told I am unamerican, because I don't like pizza, ice cream or hotdogs. (It was a joke) I have never been a foodie. But candy is my down fall.
    About a yr ago I started to gain weight, now want to lose 30 lbs, and tighten up. I have been told the older u are the harder it is to lose. I am 66, so tough rd ahead.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @lilthings1 candy is my downfall too and when I'm under stress bring me the chocolate. i do fine when it's not available but my husband is a supplier he always makes sure the goodie cupboard is stocked. He prefers me chunky so the weight loss thing has been hard on him. I just document everything and leave room for it. My friends will even joke if they see a day without it.
  • lilthings1
    Options
    2020pinktogo

Lol Walgreen drug store is a bad place. I had to get my Meds today, and that is where I USE TO buy all my candy. My Husband is the same way, a big snacker, but it is good it is summer, Husband snacks on watermelon. So no candy or chips in the house. But it will happen again I just have to be strong. I am eating lots of fruit and nuts.
  • lilthings1
    Options
    2020pinktogo
    How did you put my name at the top of your message here?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Press the @ then the name of who you are speaking to and the person gets a notification that they were mentioned.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @lilthings1 Tah Dah ;)
  • lilthings1
    Options
    @2020pinktogo.
    Cool will have to remember that one. Thanks. :)
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can avoid the sweets fairly well, but if there are salty snacks (chips, Cheetos, etc.) then watch out!
  • Smurfe04
    Smurfe04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @bekim123 same for me. I can resist sweets but salty is what gets me down which is weird. Before I started dieting and working out, I was always bitching about stuff too salty and sweets were my downfall. Now it is the complete opposite. I have went over my sodium intake budget almost every day since I started this journey.