i´m not losing weight as fast as most people?

Options
I´m doing the 2nd round in the 2 week of Insanity, so far i have loose 2.3 kgs and just a 2 inches of waist and hips. My arms and my legs are changing, losing fat and a lot more stronger than before. Actually a feel a lot more healthier and fitter than before Insanity. I don´t follow the Nutrition guide because i´m vegetarian so i´m just trying to count my calories on myfitnesspal.
I just wonder if my results are OK or i need to make some changes? Should i just keep going to see the results or am I doing something wrong?
By the way i see that a lot of people burn during one session of month 1 about 600 cal., i normally burn about 300.... and in month 2 sessions about 400-450 cal. per session. Does anyone burn similar amount of calories as I do or is it something wrong with my performance?

I would appreciate your comments

Replies

• carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am on my first month of Insanity and I only have the rest of this week till I am done with month 1! I have actually gained weight since I first started, but I have lost a couple inches. I havent been following the meal plan though, but I have been logging my food with MFP. I usually burn 500-600 calories per workout, I wear a heart monitor so I can track better. Like you I can also tell that I am fitter in my legs. Im just struggling with not losing more weight. With Insanity I am working out harder than I have in a long time so I thought I would see the results much faster.
  • abneys
    abneys Posts: 30
    Options
    Rule #1: Measurements. Weight alone will not tell you the total story. Another way to tell is getting your BMI done (assuming you believe in that measure as well). You may be gaining muscle as you're loosing fat so these are really the best ways to tell.

As far as calories burnt, everyone is different. I use a HRM and I burned about 300-400 on month one. I had to stop month two but I was between 400-500 calories. Since it's hard to judge your performace here, the HRM is the best way. From what I've read with Insanity you should maintain an average heart rate of 80% or more. This of course can vary on a number of factors.

Also make sure you're eating enough. Try increasing your intake 50-100 calories/day. You might not be getting enough to keep up with the workouts.
  • tmcoyle
    tmcoyle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I found I started losing more inches and weight when I followed the "fat shredder" meal plan of 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat. Wow that sure made a different for me. I know that sounds like a lot of protein, but you can buy a protein powder to use as a shake to go along with the Shakeology shake. I also eat a lot of shrimp, tuna, chicken breast, turkey breasts, pork chops and homemade protein bars to help with increasing the protein. It took me several weeks to get to the 50% protein, but once you figure out what to eat it becomes easier. I also found when I pre-logged my meals for the upcoming day it helped me stay on track to hit my protein levels.

If you have any further questions you can join the P90x/Insanity Game Changers group and ShawnMuth will give you even more tips on high protein foods, the fat shredder meal plan and other helpful hints. He will also help you figure out your macros.

If you want to friend me I can also forward you the same information.
    Good luck with your Insanity workouts, I love this program.
    Teresa
  • PugPrincess
    Options
    Did you use the formula to find your daily caloric needs? Seems to be a big part in the program. :)