Scale issues

Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
So I have the Aria scale and love it most of the time. It has to stay in the exact same place to get accurate readings, I go between 151-155lbs.

I moved it around today to sort out the stupid 'updating' issue and it read 177lb!

Now I'm doubting I'm in the 150's (I was in the 140's at one point). I tend to think 'oh it just got moved an inch' if I don't see my weight going down.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's crazy difference.

Unless you have some sort of heavier gravity in new location. Yeah, I guess not.

Does it have a reset routine on it?
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Wow, that's crazy difference.

Unless you have some sort of heavier gravity in new location. Yeah, I guess not.

Does it have a reset routine on it?

I suppose you just take the batteries out.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I had a prior BF scale you turned on - stepped on and off like 3 times then stayed off until it turned off. Then turned back on.
    Might see.
  • MarkFletcherBaker
    MarkFletcherBaker Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my Aria scales and although I haven't moved there position I have had different readings, not as different as the one you've pointed out but iI tested it by getting on and off four times and each time got different weights, varying by about 4lb4lit it is a bit disconcerting, now I get on on let it sync and accept the weigh it says......unless I've gained lol then I try one more time lol
  • ileanakl
    ileanakl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have an Aria, but I do have a digital scale with BMI reader, etc. It is ALL about placement. My scale is in my master bath, upstairs. The flooring is not perfectly level or rigid as if it was sitting on cement. so I am always battling for the same position which is impossible with a small bathroom which has a husband, a 5 year old and a puppy constantly moving around in it. I have considered using permanent marker to draw it's outline so I can re-sit the darn thing every morning. LSS... I can get a 3+ lb difference depending if I have it on a stable base or if it has moved a fraction of an inch!