Replies

• chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Mfp not getting steps from Fitbit, but gets steps from iPhone
  • SusanH04
    SusanH04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, and the answer is in their help section. It worked for me. Instructions copied and pasted below

Fitbit Steps Integration: Troubleshooting for "Steps"

If you're experiencing an issue with your Fitbit activity and Step data updating to your MyFitnessPal app on iOS or Android, please try following these exact steps, which resolve the issue in most instances. We are working on a long term fix to prevent the situation solved by the process outlined below.

Launch the MyFitnessPal app, then in the Menu (or "More" page), tap Steps, and disconnect from Fitbit there.

Then log out or force quit the app. Please make sure you know your username and password before doing so. If you need to reset your password please visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/forgot_password (your username should be included the body of that email, and please note it will Not be the same as your email address).

Then perform the following:
    - Click the gear icon, then settings
    - Next click Applications
    - Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button for MyFitnessPal
    - Then go to the www.MyFitnessPal.com website in a web browser (not the mobile app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Finally, log back into the MyFitnessPal app, go back to Steps, and reassign Fitbit as your step source.

At this point if you are not seeing information transfer automatically, please do let
  • megkatze
    megkatze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've tried the instructions in the FAQ twice, once earlier and again recently, but it doesn't seem to have helped anything, sadly
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    nope, reinstalled, everything

picks steps done from iphone fine, but not from fitbit
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Mine too! I'm on Android - a 'Steps' option has appeared in the menu that prompts you to select Fitbit Tracker. They must have done an update and not flagged the change to settings, maybe? Added the adjustment for today but it doesn't seem to have backdated for the last two days.

@rachellwill the "steps" option has always been there, it's not new.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    SusanH04 wrote: »
    I had the same issue, and the answer is in their help section. It worked for me. Instructions copied and pasted below

If you're experiencing an issue with your Fitbit activity and Step data updating to your MyFitnessPal app on iOS or Android, please try following these exact steps, which resolve the issue in most instances. We are working on a long term fix to prevent the situation solved by the process outlined below.

Launch the MyFitnessPal app, then in the Menu (or "More" page), tap Steps, and disconnect from Fitbit there.

Then log out or force quit the app. Please make sure you know your username and password before doing so. If you need to reset your password please visit https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/forgot_password (your username should be included the body of that email, and please note it will Not be the same as your email address).

- Then go to the www.MyFitnessPal.com website in a web browser (not the mobile app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30

Finally, log back into the MyFitnessPal app, go back to Steps, and reassign Fitbit as your step source.

At this point if you are not seeing information transfer automatically, please do let

I just followed this, and it's working again now :+1: ~Touch wood~
  • marelein90
    marelein90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!

Followed the instructions and I think it's working again but there is something new in my app too. Below the numbers for the calories that I still can use during the day is a new bar named Fitbit Tracker steps. Never seen it before.

But I have the german app so it might just be new to me.

Does somebody know if the steps from the missing days will show up too?
    It unnerves me that I'm Thursday and Friday in minus even though I shouldn't be..
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My missing day never showed up, sadly.
  • Fesanso
    Fesanso Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fitbit / MFP sync is boken for me today. No amount of revoking and reinstating the two have fixed it. Fitbit sees MFP just not the other way around. It was seeing some weird high step number at first and in desperation I tried deleting it under Exercise as it was stuck. Now MFP is not even giving Fitbit an entry under exercise (in the full site, not the app where it just gives zero for the Steps). Drives me nuts.
  • marelein90
    marelein90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What did the trick with my myfitnesspal was this:

You find steps when you press "more", on my german app it's in the lower right corner.

This I didn't do when I was connecting and disconnecting. But when I reassigned Fitbit Tracker as my steps tracker, it finally worked.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not working for me either.
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

Yay! This solution worked for me, too! Fingers crossed it keeps working...
  • pjmuise
    pjmuise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Worked for me. Had never even seen those setting application pages before thanks
  • sunshine165
    sunshine165 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    still not working for me, even after doing these steps. Deeply frustrating!
  • megkatze
    megkatze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ok. mine works now. I had to follow all of the steps to link/relink, and then ALSO follow the steps adjustment -- I have never enabled having fitbit as my step tracker before so i'm not sure why I had to do it now. It's still also a little off from fitbit's calorie count but whatever, I'll take it.
  • Kev_C79
    Kev_C79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You don't need to re link on android you need to click on steps in settings on mfp app then click on fitbit tracker. For some reason they have added a manual activate switch into mfp to sync your fitbit
  • laurenshredsit
    laurenshredsit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've selected Fitbit under the steps option. Anyone know how long it takes to sync after that? I'm still not getting anything and it's been 10 minutes...
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    still not working for me, even after doing these steps. Deeply frustrating!

Ditto... Even though I have the think clicked.. still missing day's AND OF COURSE they are the bigger movement day's! >< It's like it's talking to each other EXCEPT for the damn steps/Fitbit adjustment calories....

*sigh* :-(
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I've selected Fitbit under the steps option. Anyone know how long it takes to sync after that? I'm still not getting anything and it's been 10 minutes...

I have no idea, I always manually sync. It takes a minute to sync over to mfp.
  • FitKat123
    FitKat123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    June 11, was the last time it really worked. The app is always looking for my Fitbit. I got a lot of steps yesterday that I'd like not to lose