Weight loss game plan.

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
My weight loss game plan. I know right now, I'm following weight watchers and tweaking it to fit my nutritional needs.... but I know and understand that I need to have a plan in place in case I fall off the wagon. I need to have a plan in place to get me up... dusted off and back on the wagon right away.

I've been thinking hard about this game plan.. writing about it in my journal. This plan starts with me making food secondary to living the very best life I can. Food is fuel. Good food nourishes the body. Bad or junk food slows the body down, makes me sluggish, tired, leads to more bad choices. For a very long time, I used food to celebrate and calm every emotion I dealt with, with food. I'm bipolar and I know and understand that my meds cause weight gain. These same meds have kept me almost 90% stable over the last 14years. I also understand that I don't need food to nourish my soul. Nourishment of my soul comes from being the very best person I can be. I don't need food to comfort my soul.

In order for me to complete the above, I will plan my meals and snacks for the week. I will also prep foods hen it comes into the house, which makes grabbing goof for me food an easier choice. I will buy a variety of foods each week. The absolute hardest part of this game plan for me... making me the Number one priority in my life. I will also be making exercise my Number one job also. I will do some walking, some videos, some strength training. All this to make working out fun and interesting.

As of my weigh in this morning I was an even 283.0. my goal weight is somewhere between 125-140. With this said, I know I have a very long way to go. I will not concentrate on the big picture.... rather will concentrate on 5lb increments at a time.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Love this. I definitely need a better backup plan in place myself!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Carly, I have lots of time.... we can work on a back up plan for you.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I just get into that negative feedback loop of "I deserve" and "who cares" and "I want" and then I tell myself I accept the consequences, but I get cranky anyway....

How's recovery going?