30 Day Shred

Options
mitsimr
mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
I put this thread for those who want to do Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred with me. I have 2 links to level one and level two. To do the third level you need to get the dvd. I plan on having it by time I finish level one. You can get it pretty cheap from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1_twi_dvd_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1466455814&sr=8-1&keywords=jillian+michaels+30+day+shred

Level one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Level Two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEz0VGxsiqc

This is the results of an image search I did on amazon for 30 day shred results
https://www.google.com/search?q=jillian+michaels+30+day+shred+results&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiX99O5vrfNAhVSNFIKHUbuBuoQ_AUI1QEoAQ

I have read several blog reviews over this dvd before using it and what I have learned is it is very high impact so you might want to modify on those workouts to protect your knees. You will be very sore throughout it all. Jillians voice might get annoying (their opinion not mine) so after you get the workout down you might want to mute and and play your own music. The idea of the program is to do 10 days of level one then 10 days of two then three. The great world of the internet seems to be split on if you should do this everyday or just extend the program beyond 30 days giving you a rest day. The way I am looking at it is I am going to leave it to my body to guide me. I would like to say that I could do it every day for 30 days but I am not sure. I plan on pushing it, within my bodies limits, to as close as I can get though.

Anyways I figured this thread would be a great place to share our ups and downs with the program. I am starting today. You can start whenever is best for you.

Replies

• mitsimr
    Options
    Day one is done. I had to stop alot and modify but I did it. My legs are jelly and my abs (they are not a myth ladies I feel them) are on fire but it's done. I look forward to others joining me on this challenge and sharing their first day; whenever it may be.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday but gonna skip tonight as I'm working late. But I'll count 3 tomorrow
  • mitsimr
    Options
    Thats great I am happy to hear you started with me. I just finished day two and I have to say I read about how bad it was on your legs but no one mentioned the arms. I swear they are more sore than my legs are. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you tomorrow. I think I like it. I say alot of not nice things to Jillian while Im doing it but I like the way I feel when I am done.
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    With major modification for the pushups and some modification in other areas, I plan to try Level 1 today.
  • zmida
    zmida Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have this DVD at home, I am starting on Sunday.
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    Day 3 today and I can official say I hate that Michael's *kitten*
  • mitsimr
    Options
    Yayyyyy so many other people joining. I haven't done it today. Jury duty ran really late. I might still work it in but I am mentally exhausted because it was stressful and things got pretty heated.
  • mitsimr
    Options
    @fwitsend1277 oh my goodness does your arms hurt as much as mine do? When I lift my arms up they really hurt in the arm pit area.
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Finished day 1 of level 1 just now. My feet did not leave the floor, I just bounced on those moves. Did butt kicks without leaving the floor, so about half the number but with correct form. Modified everything to death, but I did it!
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    mitsimr wrote: »
    @fwitsend1277 oh my goodness does your arms hurt as much as mine do? When I lift my arms up they really hurt in the arm pit area.

@mitsimr I don't know if I can do today
  • mitsimr
    Options
    @hoovhome I can't do it without modifications either. I did do the jumping jacks and butkicks (though I was nowhere near kicking my but lol); however when I would go to do the jump ropes my feet could not come off the floor both at the same time so that turned into kind of another set of butkicks....like jump roping one foot at a time. I figure in time I will get stronger even if my levels have to go on for more than 10 days. @fwitsend1277 I think me skipping yesterday was a good thing. While I am still sore today I feel more ready for it than I was yesterday. I feel more tightness than pain where the muscle soreness was before. I actually thinking of adding short yoga routine when I am done because I have read a lot that an additional cool down routine has helped others with the soreness.
  • mitsimr
    Options
    @hoovhome I just saw the earlier post you made about the pushups. I do the pushups off my dresser. I have read (do not know if it is true of not but the reasoning seems sound) that starting off the wall (which is too easy for me so I had to move on from that. I do my pushups from a bit of a lower surface on my dresser. It is just short of being too difficult but I can hardly make it through the entire set so I figure it is just perfect. You are doing great!!! I am really excited to have yall doing this with me. Have any of yall taken starter photos or measurements. I have taken measurements of my waist hips and chest but that is all. I think I will take a picture today. I am just frustrated because I cant seem to get a good photo. It is so dark.
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    Okay I tried...I really tried but even heavily modified I struggled....why are we doing this????
  • mitsimr
    Options
    It's ok. It's not going to be for everyone. I am doing it because even though I struggle it's easy to follow and doesn't last long. If you find something good though let me know because I am going to be looking for something new when I am done with this.
  • hoovhome
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Chris+Powell+workout

There are a few Chris Powell videos on YouTube. There are three that are Level 1, 2, and 3. The first one is definitely for folks like me who CANNOT do a pushup. Mine is due to arthritis in the wrists, but I could potentially build up to at least a modified (girl) pushup using these videos. The level 1 is 15 minutes long, level 2 is 30 minutes, and level 3 is 35 minutes. There are some similar videos that pop up in the search list that may also work.
  • levi468
    levi468 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the 30-day shred and this morning i got really light headed and nauseous i had lay with my feet up to get the blood flowing to my head for about 20 min. i do my workout 1st thing in the morning right after i get up so i dont have time to eat before any suggestions what do to?