Xena

Options
MartialPanda
MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
Ok i know i'm' super insanely late on the Xena train. I just started watching on Netflix with the GF who absolutely loved Xena as a kid. I'm on the 4th season right now and omg this show........It's so good! I had no idea how flippin' gay it really was. I think I even vaguely remember watching some of it as a kid and then my parents said I couldnt. I didn't ask any questions and NOW i know why.

Guys Xena and Gabrielle are so beyond cute with each other. I love it so much! They're adorable and really love each other. I'm so sad i'm only watching it now. Better late than never?

Replies

• onemoc
    onemoc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a crush on ares....err can't remember the spelling- the jewelry, the tight leather pants, the facial hair... :)
  • MartialPanda
    Options
    Aries is a sexy man and had a beautiful voice. Plus he's a little crazy. Who doesnt love a little of that.
  • OsiViper
    OsiViper Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love Xena. Have watched it through 3-4 times.

I always had a crush on Cesar and Joxer's son Virgil

But love the show itself.
  • lillith1991
    Options
    It really is very gay. How in love those two are is just sweeter then anything else I can think of. I swear they only put the occasional straight relationship in the show so that it wasn't so obvious. It didn't work though, not to me. I loved the show as a kid and love it now.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Love love love Xena!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    OMG!! You're talking to the right girl here! I am a MASSIVE longtime fan, I attend all annual conventions (Lucy Lawless has kissed me before!) I've been lucky enough to meet all the cast, and I consider all the other wonderful Xena fans I have met over the years to be my extended family... It really is a wonderful community full of strong inspirational women...

I even went on to study Amazon/matriarchal societies for four years because of that show :bigsmile:

Do you watch the awesome Xena/Gabrielle videos on Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdpsMt762V0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha824Z6NSpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDWkdgp4yM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Q0rVwC-AE

Greatest love story ever :heart:
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ok i know i'm' super insanely late on the Xena train. I just started watching on Netflix with the GF who absolutely loved Xena as a kid. I'm on the 4th season right now and omg this show........It's so good! I had no idea how flippin' gay it really was. I think I even vaguely remember watching some of it as a kid and then my parents said I couldnt. I didn't ask any questions and NOW i know why.

Guys Xena and Gabrielle are so beyond cute with each other. I love it so much! They're adorable and really love each other. I'm so sad i'm only watching it now. Better late than never?

I have to warn you, the ending of the show is brutal, I was literally depressed for weeks afterwards. It was just awful :cry:

I won't spoil it for you, but season is completely GAY, they don't even bother trying to hide it by the end of season 6 :love:
  • iembalmu
    iembalmu Posts: 2
    Options
    I have always adored this show. I grew up watching it as an adolescent, and then watched it again ( a couple times ) as an adult. I always find something new to love about it each time I watch!
  • MartialPanda
    Options
    I'm on season 4 and they basically gave up on trying to show they're straight. Xena slept with ( in my head) how many women in the show. A LOT. I love it. It's campy and wonderful. The story is really truly great as well. I wish I watched as a teenager :(

Also all the chicks in this show have amazing abs..............anyone else notice that??

@WalkingMermaid_ - you kissed Lucy Lawless! Damn! good for you!